Sculpt is finally finished

M

Maverick118

Well my first ever attempt at sculpting is finished, I've put the photos in an album, so take a peek and let me know what you guys think. I want to cast this next week hopefully. Feel free to comment, as I find constructive critisism very helpful. Just started on the armour and I'll post the pics here if I ever learn how Cheers.

public.fotki.com/tarsus/my_pred/

T

TheTerminator

Lookin good from what I can tell, the pics are a tad dark though and I can't see all the detail. I like the look of the bumpy forehead. Nice job!

M

Maverick118

I've added another couple of pics that I took before mounting the teeth (They're not attatched and I'm making some more from epoxy resin that will be molded then cast, I just wanted to see what it looked like with them in) they're a little brighter and one has the texturing I've tried for the forehead. Cheers for the comments

M

Maverick118

Thanks kit, praise from you means an awful lot, Hopefully this sucker will be cast and made into a wearable mask, though like I said before this is the first time I've done anything like this so I'm not holding mine or anyone elses breath
But things are going to have to be put on the back burner for a bit, my m8's SW fanfilm starts shooting again this month, so I've gotta co-ordinate the stunts and gags and knock up another couple of lightsabres.
Oh btw any of you UK hunters who make there own stuff know what kind of plaster is available for casting, I don't want to use plaster of paris for this as it's too weak, and I know we can't get UltraCal 30 over here. Cheers.

L

ladyt11

If you cannot get Ultracal try Hydrocal.I prefer Ultracal but have used Hydrocal. Works fine. The important thing is you want to use a type of Dental Stone as not to shrink.

M

Maverick118

Thanks for the advice I'll have a look on the net for UK suppliers

L

ladyt11

I have to say. I like everyones interpretation in their sculpt.

It is nice to see a persons style rather than a exact copy.

Cary

"TIME TO PLAY"

M

Maverick118

Thanks, I appreciate the critique. I wanted to do an exact copy of the Pred 1 head, but things just ran away from me and I ended up with something completely different, now that normally happens when I work on a canvas, but I didn't expect it to happen the first time I try and do a bust

P

predator314

Very cool Predator head. I really think the bumps give it a lot of character.The detail visable in the mouth adds a lot as well. Looking forward to seeing it finished as a wearable piece.A very special head design indeed. Bravo!

Mark

H

Halo Predator

Well, Pred 1 or not, it looks great! Keep in mind that while all Preds may carry more or less the same armament & armor, they are all slightly different in their own way.

Please keep us posted!

Stay safe.

Tim.