Sculpting Predator Bust. June 4.20016 (Name Added!!! =__=)

Jmen

Hunter
Thank you guys, Isubomo and LunaticNic for support, this is very important for me (y)
This head\bust is my experiment and its 80-85% done) When it will be done, i will show you all pictures and make some short video review.
Stay tuned:)

spgfx

Hunter
That is one really cool pic ! I love the black and white detail closeup. Even as an artistic photo it's really cool. The sculpt details look great also. Keep up the good work.

spgfx

Hunter
Just a quick comment from looking at your extreme closeup. You might want to blend those bumps in a small but on the edge. A big lesson I leaneres from Jeff S. (Alphatec666) is that always think about the origins of objects and what they look like in really life and sculpt accordingly.

For example : Rivers sit in top of materials but they normally leave a small indent in the material so sculpt a small rise of material around them.

Those bumps you sculpted on the skin grew out from the skin I assume. The skin texture on the actual bumps would be really stretched out and almost none existant but where they rise from the skin they should blend with the skin texture.

I hope this helps a bit.

Jmen

Hunter
Just a quick comment from looking at your extreme closeup. You might want to blend those bumps in a small but on the edge. A big lesson I leaneres from Jeff S. (Alphatec666) is that always think about the origins of objects and what they look like in really life and sculpt accordingly.

For example : Rivers sit in top of materials but they normally leave a small indent in the material so sculpt a small rise of material around them.

Those bumps you sculpted on the skin grew out from the skin I assume. The skin texture on the actual bumps would be really stretched out and almost none existant but where they rise from the skin they should blend with the skin texture.

I hope this helps a bit.
Thnx for your advice) (y)
Honestly, i have no idea, what am i doing... this sculpting is harder, than a was expected. it is more difficult, but i need to make it done. anatomy is a problem, simmetry is a problem, main base and shape are problems. i know it. as i already say- i am just learning.:)

Jmen

Hunter
Just finished back of the head. i dont know, what is it gonna be, but here are few photos for you. other photos will be ready after 100% done. for now - it is 90%. Enjoy! (i hope so =___= )
New_3.jpg
New_1.jpg
new_2.jpg
New_1.jpg
new_2.jpg

(green lines and other **** - its a ducking filter :mad:... no time to change it - i want to sleep =___= )
And also macro of texturing
Text_1.jpg
Text_2.jpg

Wait for comments.
Thnx, Jmen.

Isubomo

Hunter
WOWOWOW!!! Looking great Jmen!!! :D I seriously am loving the texture bro!!! Shapes looking excellent too!!!

Just curious, Is the neck gonna be separate? Front pics bro, front pics!!! :D

Jmen

Hunter
WOWOWOW!!! Looking great Jmen!!! :D I seriously am loving the texture bro!!! Shapes looking excellent too!!!

Just curious, Is the neck gonna be separate? Front pics bro, front pics!!! :D
Thnx))):D try to do the best i can) not a professional, but i wanna be. and i will be! maybe tomorrow:p
about neck - omg...o_O i forget about it. but yes, i need to make it. maybe i will made neck with shoulders and put this head on it. thnx for remind it)

Isubomo

Hunter
There we go, there we go!!!!

I'm loving it J!!! :D Dang you and your teasers!!! ;P

I think I can guess the overall appearance of it from your pics, and me likey! Loving the bags underneath the eyes on the last pic, as well as how the quillss transition into boney spikes...if I could maybe suggest? the part where the boney spikes rest, the 'eruptions' per say, instead of the skin texture you have predominantly of, how about circular wrinkles/folds?

like this: mNgjDjuqb_ILf1fxI0rCRlg.jpg

It will serve as a 'break' to the dominant texture and might add more variety. Anyway, whatever you decide, it's your masterpiece! :D

mNgjDjuqb_ILf1fxI0rCRlg.jpg

Jmen

Hunter
There we go, there we go!!!!

I'm loving it J!!! :D Dang you and your teasers!!! ;P

I think I can guess the overall appearance of it from your pics, and me likey! Loving the bags underneath the eyes on the last pic, as well as how the quillss transition into boney spikes...if I could maybe suggest? the part where the boney spikes rest, the 'eruptions' per say, instead of the skin texture you have predominantly of, how about circular wrinkles/folds?

like this: View attachment 131915

It will serve as a 'break' to the dominant texture and might add more variety. Anyway, whatever you decide, it's your masterpiece! :D
Teasers, as the best marvel\dc\fox movies has :D and then - booom full movie) i promise) (y)
Honestly - i am already think about it. i think texturing will be nice, but in final result it looks good, but boring. i dont want boring bust, predator must be perfect. so i will make next - i will finish this texturing and after this i will make some changes and modification. it is a plastelin - so it easy to make changes). thnx for your sugestion and support, i am shy a little bit of my work, and it helps to feel me better.