Sea "Ceremonial"

S

Shataan

SeaHunterr and I were talking about the Ceremonial Knife a coupla days ago, and it occured to me what was done with the AVP prelim blade I did can just as easilly be done with the Ceremonial knife. All the same carving, and the MirraChrome job. So I decided to make up a couple for us.

The handle design I will try to get some closeups of to see what I can keep in the design. But I am thinking of adding a Hugger in there somewhere. Prolly gonna use Tagua again. Maybe some gold and silver leaf as well. Anyways, here is a couple of blanks to check out.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs203&d=06...monial.jpg

After I get a few stacked side panels on these, I will see how flimsy the blade ends are. If they seem too loose, I will put a decorative piece in between in the center, and this will cure it.

S

SeaHunterr

Looking good Gary, you are showing some great artistic ability and motivation

S

Shataan

Thx Gene. This is gonna be a cool project, and it is nice that I can do more carving via the handle. And then add a few jewels here and there along with some Gold or silver leaf. Should be interesting.

M

Maverick118

Indeed, very cool. Plus you're a dab hand carving, should prove a really great addittion to your costume.

S

Shataan

Hmmm, was just looking at the Master Replicas pic Immortal posted on that thread in Trophy Room. Gonna re evalute my design, prolly get some thicker lexan, use a 3/8s" materail for the blade now instead of 1/4". And, I gotta get some better pics somewhere. Doh.

So this project for the moment is on hold. :0) So, instead we have for your eyecandy enjoyment, a 24" set of AVP blades heading Seas way.

Edge carve started today.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs304&d=06...carve1.jpg

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs304&d=06...carve2.jpg

I will recommence the Ceremonial once I find the 3/8" lexan. ;0)

edge carve love

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs204&d=06...Carved.jpg

J

JediUsurper

Sha you really need to sign up to photobucket

save me having to click links hehe