Sectioned Dreads-Huntorial Post #65

eaglewood

Hunter
Gene,
we can discuss!!!!! Im going to be putting a bunch more of these together soon. May hire an apprentice to do these --

eaglewood

Hunter
Started on the mold today-- cant deal with this one at a time stuff. Please Use PM for any one looking for these-- DO NOT POST on the board here. Dont want to overstep or bend the rules.

IMG_20121029_182401_973.jpg

the eldest

Blooded
Interest, I want list ? Put me down for a set as soon as you've whipped your padawan in to shape. These are awesome, clay.

eaglewood

Hunter
Ok--since Im making the mold and the various sizes, I need to know how many of each size are needed to make a complete set. I know it will vary depending on the style of headpiece, but a good average will be great.

eaglewood

Hunter
Here is the first half of the mold-- I MAY have to do it over again as I ran short on activator and it didnt set up correctly-- Im hoping that if I let it sit a couple of more days it may set up, just a bit softer and take a little longer-- if not--oh well, Ill do this side and then back to the other side--

th_DSC07901.jpg

Double H

Elite Hunter
Looking good bud, bummer on the activator shortage that sucks. How much silicone do you think this would use up overall?

eaglewood

Hunter
Well lets see-- I used 4800 grams just on this side-- so double that and you get close to 10000 grams-- divide that by 454 (approximate grams in LB) and you come up with close to 22lbs of silicone for just this mold. Lucky I buy it in 5 gallon buckets.

eaglewood

Hunter
did the first pulls today from the new mold-- I got carried away-- it explains it in the video--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKTwhOwvnYA