Seed 2

carlart

Hunter
Hmmm.....hope it's better than the last. Preview looks good, wonder why there wasn't an official announcement from Pete or Dan.

Venger

Unblooded
Oohh another Pred / Alien fan film. I'm excited. I'm a BIG fan of 'fan movies' no matter how good or bad they may be.
I like the original SEED, so I hope the sequel is even better.

Just a quick edit. I think the marines outfit looked pretty damn good. One major, MAJOR problem I have with some people is the expectation levels. Hollywood movies have 8 or 9 figure budgets. Fan films barley go above $1,000 in most cases. Batman dead end being an exception to the rule. I also don't consider that in the same league as the little man. Sandy had $30,000 to spend on a film and is already involved in the industry. You can't compare the two. It's totaly unfair.

Anyway I'm not getting in to a massive rant or debate regarding lighting, sound levels, camera positions, photography composition or any other 'film making' stuff.
I just think sometimes people need to step back and realise. It's not fuggin easy to make a fan film.

carlart

Hunter
Valid points, but it doesn't require thousands to write a budget minded script that conveys the story from beginning to end in a film. Been there, done that.
The nice thing these days, is that digital effects can be utilized to assist more than ever before, generated from relatively inexpensive programs on a home pc.

inkmonster

Hunter
Valid points, but it doesn't require thousands to write a budget minded script that conveys the story from beginning to end in a film. Been there, done that.
The nice thing these days, is that digital effects can be utilized to assist more than ever before, generated from relatively inexpensive programs on a home pc.
i think on the last one he had a complete script but ran out of money to finish it. i missed out on the last one but if he needs any preds i would love to be in it.

I think he himself kept our expectations high. I for my part saw a professional web site with interesting trailers that the movie couldn't keep up with. I've seen far worse and haven't bothered, just with this one, I was a bit disappointed. I'm hoping for a more consistent storyline and above all constant sound levels.

Shai tan

Hunter
I hope we see actual wide angle shots this time. Every scene in SEED seemed to me to be always too in your face.

Faken

Hunter
I think he himself kept our expectations high. I for my part saw a professional web site with interesting trailers that the movie couldn't keep up with. I've seen far worse and haven't bothered, just with this one, I was a bit disappointed. I'm hoping for a more consistent storyline and above all constant sound levels.
Hey thanks! (I made the website) :)

Dan

ah, don't thank me, I lied to make my point! :)

No, seriously, I thought it was very well done, very stylish and professional. I should make clear that this fact AND BDE of course triggered my high expectations. I don't want to bash the movie, I just think it could have been better at the same budget. And with some camera angles and scenes, it actually was pretty top notch.

MEANGENE83

Hunter
People needa stop hating on MANDER.

Fact is the guy is MASTER SCULPTOR, PAINTER and PROP MAKER.

But his editing skills are amatuer.

Everyone starts somewhere and his First Attempt was better than anyone elses.

SEED just needs a REDUX version produced. A new edit.... "SEED version 1.2 "

Party On!

Moore3160

Hunter
Looks cool.
Seed had some great shots and get suits.
I think the story was to complex for a fan film. Who needs a story at all look at the best fan film Batman Deadend.
Predator fighting Batman what more do you need?

Robillicus

Hunter
Predator fighting Batman what more do you need?
Predator killing Batman. In the face.

I liked Pete's first movie. He definately has imagination, and isn't afraid to take the characters to new levels. He's also a fantastic artist with a level of skill that's reflected in his Predator and Alien suits.

I also think that the script was a bit much for such a short film. I think fan-films are great in the respect that they just show what the filmmaker wants to see. Not wasting too much time with character development, or backstory or anything else that'll take the attention away from the original intention. I mean most fan films aren't longer than ten minutes anyway. Why clutter it up?

Having seen SEED several times, I can tell that it was rushed towards the end. This was probably due to the fact that everyone was all "Where's the movie? Give us the movie!! You owe us the movie!! Give it, give it, give it!!!!" So he finished it all up and put it out.

Batman: Dead End was cool no doubt, but it's way out of the fan-film category. Most fan-films are made using a couple grand (if that,) all the props are fan-made or purchased, and the crew is made up of the directors friends. I've seen some pretty kickass films that were just that.

cyberpred

Hunter
Seed2. You have to be kidding. The first movie was terrible. Editing poor,acvting worse. There was no continuity or continuous flow of story.

I have seen plenty of Fan Films obviously on a budget but much better made.

I agree Pete is a talented artist but as a Film Maker........

C. :)

inkmonster

Hunter
seed wasnt terrible cary, i agree the acting was pretty bad but on the budget getting a 20 plus minutes of film was pretty damn good. batman dead end was put together better but sandy had a better budget and some if not all the actors were professionals. sandy had the conections to do that. plus sandy had more experience as a director.