Shane Blacks The Predator

Discussion in 'General Predator Discussion' started by Huntress, May 14, 2017.

1. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

They kinda remind me of the guardian predator figure. Look it up and you'll see what I mean.

2. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

And who elses HATES the armour?

3. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

yeah, 100% true)))

LunaticNic likes this.
  4. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

5. M77

M77 Hunter

These preds appear to have stolen some space marines armour...
    Doesn't have a predator 'feel', more like they had some spare riot gear they decided to use.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    LunaticNic likes this.
  6. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

I think they should push the date of the film back. Would love to see concepts rather than actual scenes to be honest. Screenshot_244.png Screenshot_245.png Screenshot_246.png

SuperBerserker likes this.
  7. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

I agree, would have preferred concept art, but at least now we know not to get our hopes up on good looking Pred armor. I also agree with M77. Those preds look like they are wearing spare, human-made armor. How could that even fit a regular pred size wise?

8. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

maybe they are scavenger predators, scavenging human stuff...

9. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

I guess, but wouldn't a race that has space travel, energy based projectile weapons, cloaking devices, and other tech, not prefer their own? And who would want to go scavenging in the kids size clothing section?

10. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

maxresdefault.jpg
    This is the guardian, see the similarity?

LunaticNic likes this.
  11. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Kinda sorta, I'd say it has allot more similarity to PredatrHuntr's Gort 2.0.

12. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Bring on the flame, but i like the armour ;P

We don’t really know what’s going on or how the Predators ended up on the tank. But maybe, the reason they’re using Human armour/weaponry is because they can’t use theirs (all wrecked during a crash, I don’t know). Why not use what’s available? Jake Sully(from Avatar) used headpieces to communicate with Neytiri and a few more Na’avi and they used Trudy’s attack chopper to fight Asshat hick, Quaritch. I realise it’s the other way around, but they have the weapons and armour lying around or available to them when theirs is not. So why not use it? Sure, they could have ‘stolen’ it from space marines, or maybe, this a clan where they wear pants. Why should the Predators be locked into loin cloths? The pic below of ‘our’ warriors shows how different our clothing/armour/weapons are to one another, and most of these warriors lived within the same century, the same time. And to be honest, The Predator are intelligent beings, why is it far fetched to think that they have a ‘culture’ and one clans culture can be vastly different from each other?
    The-World's-Warriors.jpg

I truly understand you guys are disappointed beyond my wildest notions, but I don’t think the upcoming film deserves all the hate it’s getting, just from a couple of pictures. I know we’re entitled to our own opinions, so I’m also stating mine :) C’mon guys, New Predator Film!

Who’s to say that when set pics from AVP, AVP:R were leaked, everyone didn’t like wolf or berserker, etc…I know some peeps still hate the berserker, but it’s become Wreav’s favourite bio ;) Let’s all just hope for the best, eh? :)

13. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

I don't think they should be completely locked in to that, and it's not far fetched to think they have culture. Regarding the clothes I'd say most of us have worn a T-shirt and Jeans before.You can see Millions of people wearing the same/similar clothes though from completely different parts of the world, and with different cultures. Also we wear particular types of clothing for certain occasions. I don't think you'd wear the same thing for going on a safari, as you would when going to a fine restaurant. On a hunt it's about Practicality.

Regarding the pictures I understand what you are saying, but my pet peeve is no human pred team-work. I dont want to see Preds riding a tank into battle, just like I wouldn't want Freddy Krueger, Pennywise, or Xenos to do so. And as for them using human weapons ... if they end up having to because theirs get destroyed ... then I don't see these preds deserving to make it out of the movie alive. Plus if that was the case I would further dislike the plot. I literally have been only able to sleep 3-4 hours a night since these pics came out because I've lost most of my hope on this one ...

14. Tallon

Tallon Young Blood

I can't say I'm miserable, just disappointed.

15. Termokk

Termokk Hunter

I really don't like them much but i will give them a chance. The skin on one of them looks purple?? The bios don't fit very well and their armor looks like space marine armor. The dreads look like they were painted grey on a white foam, why didn't they dye the foam so it wouldn't tear away? Hopefully this is just a weird pic and they will look better.

LunaticNic likes this.
  16. PredatorSpirit

PredatorSpirit Blooded

Well I can explain you why these predators are wearing cargo pants and military outfit and riding an APC.
    SPOILERS below obviously.
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In the script there are several predators.1 "upgraded" wich is the main vilain, it's 11 foot tall and has human eyes, his skin is like armour, his DNA is mixed with human DNA.In fact the predator homeworld is becoming colder and our planet hotter so the pred species is planning to replace us and live on earth, the spinal cords they used to rip in the earlier movies weren't for trophy purpose but to get the DNA of the best humans.So there is a cold war between the predators who are like the hybrid and the other side who want to proctect the humans , they're called "defectors" , the 3 other preds in the movie are defectors.The hybrid uses as henchmen two predator dogs hybrids and a spider predator hyrbid.Plus others wich aren't described with much details.
    The two you've seen driving and riding the APC are living in a US military base since almost a year, they wear cargo pants and bulletproof camo vests.They're allowed to leave the base at night to hunt.In the script these preds are "scienstists".They use M-60 machine guns.During the day they live inside the base with the human soldiers.

As for the design and friendship, of course I think it's heretic, I'm not into giant predators too, and the faces look cheap.
    Also i'm no expert like you - the fans who design their own suits -But I never liked how ADI always screwed up the size of the masks which never cover all the face, like Winston did.And sincerely you did better faces than these ones.

17. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

4Vvo8_s-200x150.gif

Isubomo, Wreav and Jmen like this.
  18. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Where did you get that info on the script if I may ask?
    Not to be rude or anything but I hope you are dead wrong on this .... otherwise that might put the nail in the coffin of the Predator franchise ....

Wreav and Jmen like this.
  19. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

'Shane Black be like'

funny-history-memes-17-592ff55b5dfc9__700.jpg

Jmen likes this.
  20. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

hqg-578.gif

LunaticNic, Isubomo and Wreav like this.
  21. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

:mad:(

15008739.jpg

Jmen likes this.
  22. Huntress

Huntress Blooded

If that is the real details of the script then this is going to be an abomination to the franchise. Masses of people might be entertained with this take but true Predator fans want nothing of this. He's bastardizing the franchise and I'm not interested in seeing it if this is the case. Not the movie I want to see.

You can see why Arnold turned down a cameo in this. I also suspect the push in release date from Feb to Aug is because the studio has little faith in this now. August is know as a dumping group for films then don't support or expect to do well.

Sad to read this...

LunaticNic and Wreav like this.
  23. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

I try not to think too badly about the next film however there are just shocking revelations here and there. What confuses me is Franco turning down a lead role only to be in Alien Covenant for a minute. Smh... I hope there are some changes to the script. I wish nothing was revealed not even the minimal spoilers or set pictures. Drawings would have been great.

24. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

giphy.gif

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  25. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Isubomo likes this.