shooting near me!!

This was only 8 miles from my house, in the very nearby city of Moscow, it seems civilization is slowly unraveling,and unfortunatley soon there will only be chaos, will it ever end???? Im sure this will get the gun haters to impose new restrictions and laws regarding my weapons, if they would only realize its not the weapons fault, its the person behind the weapon that needs to be held accountable. And in the end, if they get all the weapons off the street and when they are sitting in their homes happy and content with themselves, they still wont admit they made a mistake when an armed robber breaks into their home and shoots them, all the while they were thinking, " I thought we got rid of all those guns" Dont they realize it doesnt matter if they take all weapons out of reach of the law abidding citizen, criminals are going to get weapons no matter what, even if they have to make them ?? Laws are to keep honest citizens honest, criminals and insane people like the one in Moscow dont follow these rules, they never have and never will, thats my rant, sorry.--------Joe

shooting news

Macguyver

Blooded
This was only 8 miles from my house, in the very nearby city of Moscow, it seems civilization is slowly unraveling,and unfortunatley soon there will only be chaos, will it ever end???? Im sure this will get the gun haters to impose new restrictions and laws regarding my weapons, if they would only realize its not the weapons fault, its the person behind the weapon that needs to be held accountable. And in the end, if they get all the weapons off the street and when they are sitting in their homes happy and content with themselves, they still wont admit they made a mistake when an armed robber breaks into their home and shoots them, all the while they were thinking, " I thought we got rid of all those guns" Dont they realize it doesnt matter if they take all weapons out of reach of the law abidding citizen, criminals are going to get weapons no matter what, even if they have to make them ?? Laws are to keep honest citizens honest, criminals and insane people like the one in Moscow dont follow these rules, they never have and never will, thats my rant, sorry.--------Joe
shooting news
Though I do not own any guns myself, I wholly agree w/ u on this subject. It's not the guns' fault but the mental state of the individual behind it. I just saw the story about Moscow on the local news here, although it said no one yet knows why this whole mess happened, it'll be interesting to get more details as they come.

So, I wouldn't worry too much yet at this point Joe. I highly doubt this will have any effect on your collection...there's far too many out there who are still willing to stand up for your right to have that said collection.

carlart

Hunter
No reason to be sorry, Joe. It's always the actions of a few a-holes that cast a shadow on the majority of the law abiding citizens of this nation. Not many people realize that on average, almost 2 million lives are saved every year by armed, law abiding citizens, including their own. You won't find that in the sniveling, main stream media. It is a proven fact that in countries where firearms have been confiscated from the law-abiding citizenry, the only people remaining who have guns are the criminals and the police, who can't be everywhere, especially when it's you and your family's safety on the line. This is why elections matter.

Amendment II
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

The constitution is just as relevant today as it was when it was written, because human nature never changes. That's why the founding fathers put that amendment in there, to bestow power in the hands of the people, not the government. We all have to a better job at paying attention to nut cases before they hurt innocent people.

Carl.jpg

Me & my .44

Last edited by a moderator:

Robillicus

Hunter
I'm going to have to agree with Carl on this one. It all goes back to the movie "UHF." There's a bit in there where a gun owner is being interviewed about gun safety or some ****. Anyhow, he comes out with the ( and I quote) "Guns don't kill people. I do." Whilst comical in the delivery, I think that nothing could be more truthfull. Guns are just the tools.

I don't blame firearms for murders and such, but the ******* ****-wastes that wield them- who can't think of any better way to solve a dispute other than putting a bullet into the problem. Sometimes that bullet doesn't always hit it's mark, either.

As far as gun control goes, leave it. My brother's had his share of **** ups, that's for sure. But one thing he doesn't **** around with are his weapons. He's no collector, but he's got quite the assortment. He does nothing but practice safety, and when he gets the urge he goes out to a shooting range and lets off a few rounds. Do I feel safer at night knowing he's got guns within walking distance? It doesn't matter to me either way.

Does it make me feel safer at night knowing that I've got a totally fireable Springfield 1888 "Bear Killer" inside my closet next to a box of 45/70 shells? Actually, yeah. That thing is just ******* cool. And don't think for one instance that if we're ever invaded by Zombies that I won't file that ****** down!!! Hehee.

On a sidenote- My Springfield was used in the Spanish American War. I don't know why I mentioned that. It sat in my Uncles attic in Indiana for many years before he gave it to my Great Uncle, who intern gave it to my family. And intern gave it to me. It's a sweet-ass piece of history, too. And it's as heavy as ****!!!!

But in all seriousness... I believe that any homeowner - wether it's an apartment, house, condo, or duplex should be able to defend himself and his family without reprocussions from the law. If anyone has the intention to enter my house without my permission, and do harm to me or my family... I will not let that happen by any means necessary. And by that I mean the long-cannon I keep inside my closet. Slow as **** to load, but I'm more than confident in its capability to make an example out of the wrong-doer. Does that make me sound morbid? Sure... but there's nothing I wouldn't do to protect my family and friends from ******* gun-wielding, nothing-to-lose dousche bag ****-stains.

Bovine13

Hunter
People were killing people since we could breath. Sticks, clubs, rocks, whatever. Times change, not human nature. So, lock and load and watch your six.

kithunter

Elite Hunter
i'm a huge fan of the chris rock theory of gun control...

"there would be less killings and shootings if each bullet cost 5 thousand dollars"......

Hey i hear ya everyone, what awaits any dumbass stupid enuff to break into my place when im home is alot of pain, be it by my 12ga pump or my 40 ruger, and I wont even talk about whats gunna happen when i reach my gun safe. And thanx to my concealed weapon permit I feel alittle safer when out in public. I wish more people would have been trained in safe weapon handling like i was, way back when I was 10, you know safe handling, how to not get disarmed, how to shoot dead on, and advanced gun safety. Both my brother and me were taught what a gun CAN do and what it cant, my ol man put a pumpkin up on a fence post, blew a hole in it with if my memory serves a 45. Yeah that pumpkin was no more, and he turned to both of us and said , "if you treat guns like toys this is what happens, that pumpkin was your brother, you just killed your brother playing with my gun" all be it a harsh and cruel lesson with alot of colorful metaphores the idea stuck in both our heads. Treat guns with respect, because they can kill you or someone you love, they arent toys so dont play with them, and especially dont play with HIS guns. I think maybe growing up around them and then when old enough having a bb gun taught me valuable lessons that just arent taught in todays society, hell now that i live in town there are so many stupid laws its no wonder people are afraid of guns, take for instance in the city of Pullman, it is illegal to shoot or wield out of your home bb guns, throwing knives, paintball guns, softair guns, blowguns, throwing stars, fire crackers, and the list goes on, basically anything that could be labeled as fun is a nix. Growing up on the farm got me spoiled i think, if i wanted to shoot a few rounds with my bb gun or 22, there was no problem, hell i hate to admit it but we used to have bb gun wars and shoot each other with only two pumps but we were still safe, well kinda, we atleast wore shooting glasses. I guess in the end i consider my firearms as an extension of me, justa tool for protection and of course a recreation, so the old saying still applies, "you can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"---------Joe

Destroyer

Hunter
Does anyone else think that it's funny that a *law-abiding citizen* is shooting a pistol at a range right in front of a big sign saying NO PISTOL...? Sorry, I have a weird sense of humour sometimes...

I know that a .44 probably technically doesn't meet the definition of a pistol, but that was my first impression and it made me laugh.

In Australia, we don't automatically have the right to bear firearms enshrined in a constitution, so I must admit I haven't given much thought to this debate.

Moore3160

Hunter

"there would be less killings and shootings if each bullet cost 5 thousand dollars"......

Chris Rock is a DUMB ASS!

Everyone should be packing at all times. The Crime rate would drop shraply over night.
Are you going to be more likely to rob knowing everyone around you has a gun. or if you know no one has a gun. Think about it.

kithunter

Elite Hunter
Chris Rock is a DUMB ASS!.....

dude don't hold back tell how you really feel. :rolleyes:

being an ex marine i know how all the good and bad that comes from gun violence. i have my own personal views on the subject.

And mine is if everybody knew everybody carried a gun everybody would be more behaved. I pack when I go out and sleep by the pack.