Shoulder Cannon Plasma Pak - Pride & Joy Pics

P

predmaniac

Here are some pics of my pride and joy shoulder cannon. As ever scratch built from any old tat I can lay my hands on. The canon is radio controlled for panning left and right by housing on a small cctv motor from ebay. Control is about 2 inches square and sits in my palm in my glove.

MYPRED.jpg

T

The Big Gunns

Nice looking setup you have there..lots of different metals.

Have you ever tried foamies for your cannon? They would give you a smoother look.

>Mel

P

predmaniac

Hi Mel, yep I am plannig adding some to the cannon to even it out a bit. The materials used are, high density compressed foams for the cannon housing, soft foam around a pvc tube to make cannon and rubber car matts for armour, latex on a frame for back pack. All painted in layered silvers and metallics to get the metal look.
I kno I'm not the artist that some are on the forum but I attempt make believable kit if you know what I mean. But the foamies are a great idea. TA.

P

predmaniac

Some additions using foamies and some grimbles. Coming along nicely.

can3.jpg

can3b.jpg

can3c.jpg

Y

yautjafanboy

awesome work man im diggin your plasma pak and cannon, im in the process of doing one myself, never thought of doing it in foam tho, nice idea, im using a toy disc grinder from a kids power tool set he he he, and then im using epoxy putty for details, hope it looks as good as yours when its done, im only just starting it. thanks for the inspiration i was looking for.
photo01492sw.jpg

photo01502gq.jpg

P

predmaniac

Glad I could pass on some insperation as I have had so much from this forum. The main reason I chose foam was to keep the weight down as the motor is running on 9v and it would not have coped with too much weight. Plus it has a more organic look to it.

Y

yautjafanboy

hey dude, if u dont mind me askin what did u use for the plasma pak? and how much did u spend on the whole shoulder peice not including electronics?

P

predmaniac

Probably about £30 in materials, but about £300 in labour time.
The vast majority of the materials are High density foam which I carved up and hot glued together to get the shape. The outer skin is a piece of latex larp armour I had lying around. The chest piece and back piece that the whole thing is attached to is made from rubber car floor matts.

The whole thing is not to heavy and captures the essence of the predator weaponry without being an exact match for any particuler movie.

Y

yautjafanboy

wow, that is truly awesome bud, im just about done on my cannon now, just a lil bit of finishin gon it, now all ive gotta do is work out a plasma pak and some way to wear it all.