Show off your cannons... (Updated 9/19/06) Smoke and Sound

A

asy0uw1sh

Here's the most updated vid with sounds ans smoke. I went to a local hobby shop this morning and picked up a model train smoking kit and threw this together. Here's the vid and a few shots of the train smoking kit in my Carlart Cannon...

Picture090.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Here's the most recent video...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv8ftz7LzMQ

Let me know what you guys think...

kitchen016.jpg

kitchen014.jpg

kitchen014.jpg

R

Rex L Adams

Man alive, I keep seeing more and more jaw-dropping cool stuff fromyou guys. Makes me wonder how'd I'd ever try doing a Hunter...most impressive

S

SeaHunterr

Very nice!! that is going to be a great prop for your suit, I like how you were able to use the arm included with the cannon.

P

ptgreek

Are the motion activated parts taken from one of those cheapy dummy cameras? I bought one of those about a month ago and was gonna start taking it apart. If so...a little insight would be mucho appreciated. awsome cannon by the way!

A

asy0uw1sh

Yes PT it's the same mechanism that controls the toy camera. About 6 months ago I started a link with a shot and video of one of those cheap toy surveillance cameras. I canabalized the toy and had to rework the top of the Carlart Cannon's mount/base. With a little patience and a few hours you will have a pretty wild addition to your suit or life size bust. Didn't a lair member put a cannon of the licensed bust? I thought I remembered a shot or two of one with a cannon. Any of you guys know anything about the mechanisms the make model trains smoke? I think they use some type of tablet or drops? That's the next aspect of this cannon to tackle.

-Alan

S

Shataan

I don`t have my cannon yet, but SeaHunterr took a kool pic of his, and mine is just like it... hope he doesn`t mind me using it. The Pirk/Jensen AVP Accurate Large Calibre cannon.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs305&d=06...haitan.jpg

I wanna get Pirks P1 sometime too.

P

ptgreek

Cool...I'm gonna start taking that camera apart right away as my pirk P1 and my Carlart cannon are both set to arrive. As for the smoke, I checked this out at a model train store a couple of months ago for a film effect. It will need a basin for the liquid to sit in. Probably not the best route to go for a cannon. I willl check out some other sources and keep you posted

S

SeaHunterr

DSC01381.jpg

Pirks, and Gary's cannons...just need one more for my collection...maybe two

C

carlart

Hey Al,
I couldn't think of a better cannon to wire up like that!
Nice job! I'm thinking the rotational speed seen in the video is a set one.
Too bad there wasn't a way to speed it up a bit. Either way, it rocks!
Now, I've got to send you my cannon to do the same with. I wonder how much weight the motor can support, considering the larger cannons like the Celtic one. A friend of mine is working on a lift mechanism to bring it from the down (off) position to the upright (on) position. I've been meaning to give him a call, now you've gone and lit a fire under my ass.

3_4-Beauty.jpg

Lairtag.jpg

www.accurizedhunterparts.com

P

ptgreek

My Pirk P1 just got here (it's beautiful!) now I'm just waiting on Carl's ..damn, I've gone cannon crazy!

P

pirkleations

My custom pride and joy, the Atlantean Cannon. The mold is dead, but the original cannon lives on to be molded again some day!!!

MVC-054F.jpg

MVC-056F.jpg

MVC-057F.jpg

~DangerDavey

S

Shataan

Darn Pirk!! I totally forgot about that cannon. Thats on my list of cannons to get now as well as your P1. :0)

A

asy0uw1sh

Carl, your cannon rocks! You can speed up the panning by adding a little more juice, Replace the two AA's with 3. The motor seems maxed out at the weight of your cannon though! You could try to replace the motor with a higher torque Radio Shack motor! Please post an update of the raising and lowering I would love to see that in action!

-Alan

J

JediUsurper

Heres the cannons i own.

1st is Pirks luvly Atlean...atlean............. blue cannon

and the other is mine, i built it from stuff i had lieing around the house and was the 1st pred prop i made, its not meant to be accurate in any sense, just a pred ish cannon.

cans.jpg

S

streetjudge79

Great Job Alan! Sorry I didn't call back, I was on a cruise.

Steve

T

The Mortal Immortal

Maverick118 your stuff is why I kept coming back. That foam work is the shit. Your one of my Pred making heros.

P

PredatoRob

Here's mine - It's Carls' first cannon. I painted it up about a year and a half ago. I made the base out of a block of wood, and just played around with my dremmel. Nothing all too serious, just some half-assed carving. Heh.

Cannon2.jpg

Cannon1.jpg

Cannon6.jpg

Cannon5.jpg