SICKO

Discussion in 'General Predator Discussion' started by Savage, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Savage

Savage Hunter

This film is a must see. Despite the U.S. being a world superpower this nation sucks when it comes to giving people the health care they need. This film puts the scumbags under a spotlight like a cockroach in a bright room. It really showed how little regard some hospitails, HMO's and polititions care about the people. France, Canada, Great Britain and even Cuba who also beat us in the standings all have a MUCH better system in place since 1948 for GB. Go check it out for yourself. If you feel comfortable having insurance you'll be in for a rude awakening after seeing what the insurance companies try to do to save a buck and NOT pay for the medical bills. This doesn't take political sides but it does lay out the facts of what's going on plain and clear. Disturbingly so. It's hard to believe a nation with all the resources and wealth we have could be so cold to people in need and just worry about the *' almighty dollar over someone's life.

2. Macguyver

Macguyver Blooded

UR 100% RIGHT ON ABOUT IT, THE BIGGEST PROBLEM ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES IS THAT THEY'RE A "FOR PROFIT" BUSINESS!!! THEY'RE COLD, MANIPULATIVE * WHO ARE OUT TO MAKE $$$$ FOR THEMSELVES OVER HELPING INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE GET ANY SORT OF CARE THEY MAY NEED!

I KNOW THIS FIRST HAND, TOO!!! GET THIS ONE...I STARTED A SALES JOB AT HUMANA A MONTH AGO...& GOT FIRED ON TUESDAY EARLIER THIS WEEK FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE MATTERS & ISSUES SURROUNDING THE MANY TIMES HUMANA IS BROUGHT UP IN THIS FILM!!! WHEN MY SUPERVISOR ASKED ME WHAT I'D THOUGHT ABOUT THE FILM, I RECOMMENDED HE SEE IT ASAP...& THE VARY NEXT DAY, I WAS FIRED!!!! I'M TOTALLY COOL W/ IT SINCE IT MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS A * FOR $ EVERY MIN MORE I SPENT THERE & EVERY PIECE OF KNOWLEDGE I LEARNED THATS MEANT IN THE END, TO * PEOPLE OUT OF GETTING TREATED FOR WHAT THEY NEED & COVERS ALL THEY HAVE NO NEED FOR!!!!

THE ENTIRE INSURANCE INDUSTRY IS SET UP HERE IN 100% BACKWARDS HERE IN THE STATES & EVEN WORSE...THE CITIZENS HERE HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED INTO LYING DOWN & COMPLYING W/O QUESTION, INSTEAD OF STANDING UP & MAKING THINGS BETTER. IT MAKES ME SAD WHENEVER ANYONE REFRAINS FROM TAKING ACTION AGAINST THOSE WHO ORDER THEM AROUND & CONTROL THEIR LIVES THROUGH BLATANT OPPRESSIVE LIES.

3. Savage

Savage Hunter

Well said. HUMANA should be renamed INHUMAN. I hope they rot in the lowest bowels of HELL for what they do. They're much worse than drug dealers and I thought polititians were bad! These * are 100 times worse. Although they sleep with polititioans to since Nixon took this HMO thing nationwide with John Erlichman in 1971. Since then Bush hs only made it worse for us and better for the drug makers. Overpaid drug dealers is all they are. No cures just treatments so you can stay doped up and dependent on them till you're broke or dead. In some cases both. Even with insurance you can rest asured they'll try evertyhing they can to NOT pay out any coverage to save a buck. Their list of uncovered existing medical conditions is frighteningly long. Even Diabetes is on it. So much for America being #1, maybe #1 in needing to fix this problem but not for proper care.

4. Jedislayer91

Jedislayer91 Unblooded

I wouldnt spend 1 cent to see anythng M Moore makes. Hes nothing but a propagnadist with a point of view he wants everyone else to have. I came to this conclusion after seeing his anti gun "documentary" Bowling for Columnbine. He dosent make documentaries. He makes propaganda pieces by distorting truths manipulating statistics, and misrepresnting peoples quotes that he uses. I dont wish to get political here but since its already started I feel the need to chime in. I dont think its the governments responsiblity to take care of people. Its our responsibilty to take care of ourselves. My taxes are high enough already.

5. PredatrHuntr

PredatrHuntr Veteran Hunter

I'm thankful to be living in Canada where I don't pay for health care...

6. roninpred

roninpred Elite Hunter

That's why I'm voting for dave chappelle for president so he can get us fake canadian citizenships

7. Macguyver

Macguyver Blooded

Though I admit, I'm not too partial on some of the methods which Michael Moore utilizes far too often, like shoving his point of view in ur face so hard that it causes a lot of people to shut him out completely, along w/ the point he was trying to make. The problem I have w/ his tactics is whenever he's proven a point valid, far beyond all shadow of doubt, he continues picking away at it & pushing it even harder until it has a reversal effect on the audience. If an audience doesn't agree w/ his methods used to get any point across as being necessary, the tendency is to label him as the antagonist. Yes, Mr. Moore does tend to beat a dead horse to a level that'd make even Tom Green seem like a decent, respectable person. However, there ARE certain times when the truth, as brutal as it may be, must be delivered in the form of a verbal slap in the face, which is done so w/ the intent to wake up & open the eyes of those who've chosen, whether consciously or unconsciously, to remain ignorant toward any fact-based truths existing in our society today.

Remember, one of the fundamental principles contained within the ideals for Freedom of Speech is that just because u may not like the message or even the man who's behind it, it does mean that u should, at least try to listen to the message. I consider myself a patriot, by the fact that I do not agree w/ & obey what the government says I should. I am very ashamed & disappointed by the willingness of the people to lay down & roll over on command. Everyday that passes when the people do nothing & pretend everything's ok & believe todays government IS watching out for their best interests, is also the day they've given up on the fundamental principles this country was founded upon. There are many things wrong w/ how the world works today, but few actually look back at the pages to find out why it is this way & exactly were it began to go astray. Nothing ever gets fixed when its constantly being made more & more complicated. Which is exactly the reason why we cannot fix Health Care here. During the first moments of my sales training at HUMANA last month, one of the first things they'd said to us was, "that the most basic rule & standard practice to understanding Health Insurance & the Health Care Industry is that, for every word you hear...there's 17 other different words which mean the same thing." I immediately asked them "Why would ANY business go to such lengthly measures to complicate their everyday business practices...are they trying to keep this stuff a secret from the consumer?". Both, the Trainer & Supervisor refused to provide any type of answer to my question by saying simply that they were not allowed to answer that question. However, the response I got actually pretty much answered my question. The Health Industry is being twisted further everyday by adding more & more legal loopholes & terms that are only intended to prevent people from getting the care they so desperately need. It is true that u can judge any society by how well they treat the poorest of its people...& the US is failing miserably in that sense everyday. So Moore does push a one-sided opinion pretty hard, but what happens when the "opinion" is actually a fact?

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MAN, NOR IS IT ABOUT HOW THE MAN DEPICTS THE MESSAGE...

...BUT, IT IS ONLY ABOUT THE MESSAGE ITSELF!!!

8. Savage

Savage Hunter

I didn't feel M. Moore was shoving anything down anyone's throat in the film. He was bringing the FACTS of what happened in the past to start this mess in '71 with Nixon and what is happening now with Bush, lobbyists, payoffs, and drug company influences into full view for everyone to see. Sure it paints an unpleasent picture of how people get treated but hiding from it or looking the othere way won't solve the problem or make it go away. Different people's situations are shown to warn people of just how corrupt heath care has become in the U.S. This was an urgent wake up call to everyone with insurance or without that either way if we don't do something it won't get any better for ourselves, our families and children. If you can't pay some hospitails will literally put you in a cab and dump you at a city mission untreated. $60,000.00 dollars to reattatch a finger tip? This is insane! We cannot afford to do nothing and ignore the problem any longer. I think this was what he desperatly wanted to get across. By showing a variety of examples it reinforved the fact that health care firms will do anything to anyone if they can find an excuse or loophole not to allow someone to even qualify for getting insurance or 911 firefighters to get care they need. Detainees get better care at Guantonamo Bay than our own citizens get here and they want to kill us just for existing. You should at least check the facts posted on his website or better yet see the film and the people in it before bashing the film and Michael Moore. Just keep an open mind and you'll find the facts hold up. Last I knew this was still a democracy although some seem to think they're above the law.

9. Macguyver

Macguyver Blooded

I believe u misinterpreted what I was aiming at in my previous post. In NO WAY did I ever imply any of the facts, which Michael Moore has brought to light in his latest film "SiCKO", were untrue. I have, in fact, also seen this film...well over half a dozen times, not to mentions that I own every movie he's ever made, "SiCKO" included, as well as, all the episodes of "The Awful Truth" (tv series he did for the Bravo Network a few years back). I'm very much a fan of his work, especially this latest installment. I never stated that Moore's methods & tactics were not 100% effective in proving his points, I only meant that I have noticed in many instances in his films throughout the years, that he does have a tendency to drag his points out much further than is neccesary for said points to maintain their maximum effect on some types of people. I guess what I'm trying to point out here is that he speaks to the audience in such a very basic & brutally honest way that he's not likely to sway those that continually refuse to see any of his new films, no matter how important or gripping the content may be, just because they didn't agree w/ something he'd said or did in the past. I think most of those who jump out to discredit anything new he does, do so because they're VERY afraid that Moore might actually be speaking on the behalf of the people who, in reality, DO make up the majority of people in the USA. Those against him are unlikely to ever even give any of his films a chance to prove anything at all, because they do not give him credit within their minds as an intellectual since he portrays himself in his films as a very dumb type of person who's just trying to figure out why something is one way & not another. There are a good number of people who feel that his style of getting to the truth only insults their intelligence & ability to put 2+2 together on their own. Take another look at his works, u may notice that there are in fact times when he seems to break certain points down to a level that's as if he's trying to explain it to a two-year old child & there are people out there who only see this as an insult. HOWEVER, I also further went on to point out that the use of this type of verbal communication is sometimes the only way a person can properly stir up certain emotions which are understood across the most basic levels of which can be universally understood.

Some will never be able to see the truth because they'll never be able to see past the name Micheal Moore on the credits & that makes me feel sorry for them.
    Let me assure u that I always try to see all things from every angle possible, & I guess that I may never understand the mindset of the people who do not see the basic truths of which Moore's notorious for pointing out.

10. Savage

Savage Hunter

Macguyver, I wasn't jumping on you at all bro. It was more a reply to Jedislayer91 about his claimMoore distorting the truth. I mean how can you say that if you didn't see the film or hear the quotes by those in it? Maybe he does go a little overboard in explaining his point in the simplest of terms but for some that is what it takes for them to understand. I thought he brought a lot of different examples to show how many ways we can get screwed over when we may think, "Hey I got insurance I must be protected" when the reality sems to be otherwise. You've made good points, eloquently too I might add. I guess some have a mindset that anything he does is just anti Bush. I thought this film was anti bogus health care. Like yousaid he points it out if people find it uncomfortable then it probably did what it needed to to raise awareness of the problem that they themselves may fave later on. Better to be forewarned than not.

11. PredatrHuntr

PredatrHuntr Veteran Hunter

For those who saw the end of the film, make sure you check out:

http://www.moorewatch.com/

The guy who does the website hates Moore, but he brings up some good points. Example: in Canada Moore goes to a hospital and makes it look like the perfect hospital ever...but that ain't how it is folks. I have NEVER waited less than 2 hours when I go to emergency...sometimes 3-4 hours wait time is not unheard of. It all depends on where you live and if there are enough hospitals to serve the amount of people in that area. If Moore had done a nationwide search as a comparison then it would have been more realistic. BUT what he should have tried to point out is that health care is very minimal in Canada. In some provinces its free (Saskatchewan) where others you pay a small amount every year. Most places of employment will allow for up 80% benefits which covers the costs of prescriptions, etc. Thats what Moore should have concentrated on because let me tell you that there is NO difference in wait times for emergency rooms either here in Canada or in the USA.

I think that OVERALL, Moore is trying point out that America needs FREE health care so that EVERYONE can benefit from it...not just those who can afford it. He twists a few things so that you see it the way he wants you to...which is what upsets people. I see his big picture because America DOES need help with their health care system...

12. inkmonster

inkmonster Hunter

Micheal Moore is a * he runs around in raggedy old sweats like he poor and is for the little guy. And the guy is a millionare and wouldnt * on any of us if we were on fire. For the people in pother countries that have nationized healt care everyone of those countries say the same thing is just doesnt work. Its fine for the little things but you need a major surgery and you get thrown on a long waiting list and will probably die before you get the surgery. I dont want the government having any say over any more of my life than they allready do. The problem isnt so much the health care system is the food and drug administration in this country are keeping peole sick and addicted to there drugs because the only thing they care about is profit. Drugs dont cure anything they actually weaken your immune system. I truley believe that the real truth is the stuff that Kevin Tredeau is exposing in his books and not Moore. Our bodies were not made to put artifical chemicals and preservitives and food full of steriods and altered in a lab or pop a pill for every little pain or sniffle. If people would quit eating crap like that they wouldnt get sick and need health care in the first place. Ive seen first hand people that were on ther death bed reverse the effects of cancer and allzimers by eating organic foods. Look at Jack Lalane hes got more energy than a 16 year old and hes pushin a 100. Forty,to Fifty years ago people wernt getting all these diseases and dieing from them like they are now. The drug companies want you sick to make money hey is the only reason anybody works a job anyway its just good buisness. But they are playing with our lifes. Everytime i go to a regular MD they seem to just make me sicker than what i was in the first place by dumping a bunch of pills down my troat. Thats why now i try to eat as much organic foods as i can and stay away from the perscription and non prescription medicines as much as possible. My doctor caused me more health problems in the past year than he helped and all i did was line his wallet.

13. Jedislayer91

Jedislayer91 Unblooded

I f i come across as jumping on anybody please understand I am not. I dont want to have any enemies here. In regards to Moores films...I understand alot of people dismiss Michael Moore because of his politics. I personally dont find him as credible. I have seen Bowling for Columnbine and alot of his facts that he presented in that film were not truthful nor honest. I just dont think he makes documentaries...he makes point of view films. As for quotes that he uses...hes being sued by a handful of people from previous films in which he misused their quotes.

On the subject of Micheal Morre we will have to agree to disagree thats all. Now as far as politics I consider myslef a libertarian as I find both parties are full of corrupt politicians. They constantly point fingers at the other party when theirs is doing the same * thing. Pretty pathetic in my opinion.

14. Macguyver

Macguyver Blooded

U have an honest & well stated point there. Even though I consider myself a fan of much of the stuff Moore's done, I've seen enough of it that I think I can usually sense when he's twisting certain things out of context solely to make his own point. But his films are still pretty informative & entertaining to me, so I'll always want to, at least watch them (there's far worse things I could be doing w/ 2 hrs of time) but always try to view w/ an open mind. After all, I don't use his films as any sort of factual basis in making a final decision on any issue, but feel it's best to try & observe all sides, no matter how radical or twisted it is b cuz history has taught us that in most cases its whichever side's the most radical who wins, which is a lame precedence for guidance over what's actually right & wrong. Moore may not be as cool & full of scientific fact as say, watching Mythbusters, but I do try to remain in the same frame of mind while watching either. Being that I'm gonna need to see all the facts presented b 4 making any sort of decision on whether I entirely agree w/ anything. But as u have also said, when the 2 major political parties of idiots get involved in the mix, the entire thing goes right to *, which is one of the biggest problems w/ Health Care & the Insurance industry in general within the US today. I just heard that the Catholic Church will be paying out the largest monetary settlement in history to all the victims that were abused by their Priest's...well, actually...in reality, the Catholic Church won't have to pay anything since, get this one...the Church had taken out a policy specifically for "Sexual Abuse Insurance"! SERIOUSLY...HOW F#@KED UP IS THAT!?!

I'd much prefer any episode of "Penn & Tellers Bullshit!" over Moore's stuff, but I guess I just enjoy & give respect to anyone who's not afraid to stand up to the government or big business'. I do lean much more toward the Libertarian party than any other, but still have a few issues I'm not 100% in agreement w/ them on. So Jedislayer91, no worries mate...ur still in my cool book now & always will b, even if only for ur ability to speak ur mind on a subject. Cool? Coooooooool.

15. carlart

carlart Hunter

What is truly amazing to me is the very same people who distrust a large, over-arching government that abuses it's power (and rightly so), will, in the next breath, argue that it should be in charge of managing the single largest taxpayer subsidized system for the country. Fraud, waste, and abuse are rampant in the Medicare system such as it is, and yet there are those who want to entrust MORE power to these idiots. This is classic redistribution of wealth, folks--i.e. socialism.

It should be no surprise that those office seekers who yearn to usher in this massive prosperity-killing plan are the Democrats who never met a social program they didn't like. Their goal is not to "help" people, but to indemnify them and future generations with such programs, keeping them perpetually in need. To assuage this need those socialists give them more and more taxpayer money in exchange for votes. That's the dirty little secret in a nutshell. Real Republicans, while far from perfect, and suffer from their own vices, do not seek to grow the size and power of government by feeding the monster more and more money. Their platform is smaller government getting out of the way so individuals can prosper, free of interference such as confiscatory income taxes taken from hard working individuals every pay period. Mr. and Mrs. Jones should be able to buy little Johnny a pair of sneakers for school when he needs them, with their own money, more of which is available when taxes are low.

Socialism fails everywhere it has been tried, because you can't sustain a system whereby more and more people receive taxpayer subsidies, than there are people working to pay those taxes. Once critical mass is achieved, it collapses under its own weight, and that's where we're headed. Those who argue for health care for everyone will next be arguing that everyone should have a fundamental right to an automobile. Where does it end? The next time some enlightened individual comes up with yet another plan that will "help" people, ask yourself the following question: "What's it going to cost me in taxes?" Every solution worth solving can be done so easily by throwing money at it seems-other people's money.

It is a moral sin for someone to want to give money to a cause they believe in by enabling government officials to take it from those who do not support that same goal. Rather, it should be up to the individual to give of his own money voluntarily for that cause. This used to be the case in this country---it's called charity. Local churches had a larger role in the community---apart from gov't---to administer the humanitarian services desired. Somewhere along the line the socialist model was adopted which does nothing but enslave us all while government grows larger and more oppressive.

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution is it mandated that the citizenry is guaranteed health care. People forming their own organizations outside of government will give them the best opportunity to buy health insurance at reduced rates. That's capitalism, that's the free market. Yes, they are flawed, but it's still better than the other "solutions" some have offered.
    Yes, there are whores in the pharmaceutical industry, as in most large corporations. I do not excuse them, but I do understand that while on the way to searching for a better solution, we don't throw the founding principles of this country under the bus for convenient expediency. There has got to be a better way, not by taking the easy path which is far worse. One idea being floated about recently was by instituting individual medical savings accounts. For small money, people would pay in to their own medical accounts from which money would be available for treatments. From what I recall, they were administered by a private entity- not the gov't - and could be transferred wherever and whenver you wished. I may be over-simplifying the account thing, but that's about the gist of it. Maybe not a perfect solution, but it's a start. I remember when I was unemployed, when I worked * jobs and had to pay out of pocket. I used to feel the same way. I consider myself lucky that I have coverage from a good employer. I sympathize with those who aren't as fortunate, but I will not support socialism.

I abhor this tool of the left, Michael Moore and his leftist propaganda. I researched the "facts" in his Fahrenheit Farce and found at least 60 examples of out and out lies and distortions. With this new piece of garbage, he berates our health care system while praising the Communist Cuban system. Hey Mikey, if it's so great, why did Fidel fly to Spain to be worked on by a Spanish doctor? Huh? Your 15 minutes are up, a-hole, not even that anti-American * bag George Soros can financially buoy your fat rear end anymore.

Before I REALLY go off on this foolishness, consider the following statements by a couple of our founding fathers, who possessed a great deal more knowledge about what a free nation ought to be than most:

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. "
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
    -James Madison

If my soapbox rant or the words of our founders don't resonate, read the articles in the links below. There's a reason why people the world-over flock here, folks.

Socialized Medicine Article #1
    Socialized Medicine Article #2

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  16. inkmonster

inkmonster Hunter

I knew there was more than 1 reason i liked you carl. Socalisizm is just another word for comunism, If the government has control over your health care and income thats comunism. And thats waht democrats want is more government. If you people think Bush is bad wait till Hillary is president and its starting to look like that is the case. Her and Bill are admited comunist Hillary allready said if shes elected president nobody in this country will make more than the next gut you will work to pay for everyone on welfare and crackheads to make the same income as you. I dont want more government I want less. I know that republicans arnt perfect but as far as im concerned its better than the alternative. And we will never have a non party president because they cant get the electoral votes even if they got everyone of the popular vote so we have to live with that system of government so to the non party people you just wasting votes that could be put to better use getting the proper people elected cause they dont even count.

17. SixSinsFor66

SixSinsFor66 Blooded

Moore is an idiot. I pity him cause he profits off telling us stuff we already know and people buy into his *. Our world is screwed up. It wont and never will change. Its all an illusion.....