Sideshow P2 Helmet

Robillicus

Hunter
I've been curious about this helmet as well. Something seems "off" about the scale when compared to the apple. I think it may just be a re-sculpt; like Matt Rose re-sculpting the P1 Bio-Helmet. 

I also thought the helmet was more angular than the stunt version. Though, I think I'm just being to critical. 

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
I actually think this is a new re-designed sculpt of the P2 helmet. We have covered it here in this thread as well when it was noticed at SDCC this year back in July.
[topic='30226']New Sideshow Predator 2 Products: 1/4(?) Maquette And Life-Size Helmet[/topic]

MEANGENE83

Hunter
Thanks for posting that. I did a search and didn't find anything existing. The more I see the helmet the more I think I will buy it. Looks nice. Only concern is sizing...

TRI LASER

Hunter
Yeah what is up with the size of it? 13" high? 15" length? wtf does that mean? I'm sorry but Neca did a better job at sculpting the 1/4th scale hero bio. Sideshow should have got that person to sculpt this one.

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
MEANGENE83 said:
Thanks for posting that. I did a search and didn't find anything existing. The more I see the helmet the more I think I will buy it. Looks nice. Only concern is sizing...
It's cool. I personally am going to stick with the HGC Helmet because the Sideshow is way off from the dimensions. The face looks too narrow compared to the dome area in my opinion. The stand I think is an awesome tough that part I wish was on other things Predator 2 related.

Robillicus

Hunter
TRI_LASER said:
Yeah what is up with the size of it? 13" high? 15" length? wtf does that mean? I'm sorry but Neca did a better job at sculpting the 1/4th scale hero bio. Sideshow should have got that person to sculpt this one.
Sounds like its been re-sculpted to the size of a stunt helmet. So... it's not 1:1 scale. The Hero-Helmet should be  HUGE. There's some behind-the-scenes footage of an FX artist putting the helmet on the headpiece in the slaughter house, and it isn't small. 

The helmet looks good... but only from certain angles - and with some angles, the proportions look odd.

TRI LASER

Hunter
Robillicus said:
Sounds like its been re-sculpted to the size of a stunt helmet. So... it's not 1:1 scale. The Hero-Helmet should be  HUGE. There's some behind-the-scenes footage of an FX artist putting the helmet on the headpiece in the slaughter house, and it isn't small. 

The helmet looks good... but only from certain angles - and with some angles, the proportions look odd.
Yeah I am not a fan of it really. Would have really liked a Hero p2 bio that was exact. As I said in the previous post neca got it right, just a shame its only in 1/4 scale lol. But yeah the size is rubbish. The hero would have been bigger for kph and the stunt smaller for the other guys. There are to many stunts kicking around lol  :p

TRI LASER

Hunter
I just really don't get the sizing. When it says 13" high..?? Is that from the back of the helmet to the bottom of the nose piece or the hight it is off the ground while on the stand? Why would you put that size up? I'm really confused. The stunt is 21" from top to bottom but this looks longer  o_O. Anyway rant over lol

MEANGENE83

Hunter
Who the F knows what the deal is with this thing.
If they were more descriptive I would probably buy one.
Not a bad price for a finished helmet with an awesome stand! That stand is totally awesome but is a total ripoff of a lair member created Stand? Am I correct ?

Python

Blooded
The stand is great, but the mask is way off to the poit where parts of it are just made up. Shame really as I passed on the HCG hoping a decent hero version would turn up. I guess I'll have to hunt down a HCG version now...