Silicone P1 Suit Evolution. Pg41 Hands Video 19/07/13

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
1, because the arms were fibre glassed out to the side, and I will not be walking around like a mummy............ see photo below.
2, because even if they were not, the mannequin has skinny little shoulders.................see photo below.

dummy.jpg

I had to considerably flesh out the whole upper body on the mannequin when I sculpted the torso

Hey dude sorry. For all I know you are the same size as the maniquin. You could just do a quick plaster bandage cast of your shoulder and sculpt right on it. Just a thought.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
no need to apologise, it did cross my mind when I did the bicep, then I remembered how skinny it was.

Plaster bandage would have been a better idea, hindsight huh, but I am well under way now so meh lol.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
shoulder piece, just going to get the other side looking the same then I will tighten up the shapes and smooth before the details.

Last edited by a moderator:

troggs

Hunter
Great job on the bicep armour, especially the battle damage, and the shoulder piece looks like it's taking shape nicely

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Thanks guys.  im busting my ass trying to keep this thing moving, as I think come dragon con it may end up on the shelf again for a while, who knows.

back to work tomorrow, but hopefully have another update over the weekend.

munson

Hunter
Awesome work Lee and great to see you nailing your suit out. I think I might try the plastiflex for the Borg torso armor, shoulder bells. Can't wait to see this finished.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Its really good stuff Doug, it flexes like a stiff urethane, but paints like resin ( ie very easily ) so far I have tested these on it.

20 yr old Humbrol model airplane paint = Stuck great.
water based enamel from diy store = Stuck great.
neat FW inks = Stuck great.
Faskolor RC car paint = Stuck great.
Car spray paint in a aerosol = Stuck great.

oh and its very light weight.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Just need to tighten up some lines, eat and then I will texture it up and add some damage before calling this done later tonight.

Last edited by a moderator: