Snake And Ram. Snake Pg3 Ram Pg5, 02/01/12

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by Usurper, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

I know this will ultimately be my choice, but i am after some feedback.

I am in the mood for some mask painting, so i have removed 2 raw masks from sale and put them aside ready for the INK.

1x closed mouth P1 mask, i am going to convert to Snake.

1x closed mouth P2 Mask , i am however not sure on.

Thoughts are this, Another lost hunter.............

Hippie , but i have just done one.
    Borg , but green is a horrid paint to look natural ( for me )
    Ram, he had a blue grey scheme on a P2 head, but i may * people off if the pattern is not thought of as apt etc, as it would be guess work from just having pictures of the half mask that was used.
    P1 on a P2 mask, i liked the last one i did, but also fed up of painting P1's .

So, any thoughts or anythign you think makes sense i should do?

thanks
    Lee.

Masks to be used are below.

rawp1.jpg
    dp2cma.jpg

LunaticNic likes this.
  2. MEANGENE83

MEANGENE83 Hunter

Do any of the deviant art people have some cool sketch work with color that you could mimic?

What about some other comic
    Book art?

Or any paint scheme concepts from the ADI books?

Some suggestions maybe to find some new inspiration.

Good luck.

3. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

naaa , i do not want to go custom, should have said that really, sorry.

LunaticNic likes this.
  4. Darth Pinhead

Darth Pinhead Hunter

*, I was with Gene on bringing a comic print to life. I got nothing...

5. Okami Skullcrusher

Okami Skullcrusher Hunter

I like the paint-job on this P1 mask. Would like to see something in the direction of a rainbow-warrior.
    Paint the P2 mask in P2 colors, but with battle damages, scratches, a broken tusk.
    I would like to see a bio on this one, even a broken one.

kzuno (2).jpg

urbanhunter- (24).jpg

6. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

If you have something in mind for the p2 say so Brad, i just like trying to mimiick the film stuff. as i have never really liked any of my custom paint ups.

LunaticNic likes this.
  7. MasterAnubis

MasterAnubis Hunter

OH! View attachment happy0045.gif There was a movie made few years back about aliens verses some predators. The main character was pretty cool. Anyway, he ended up killing a face hugger and putting a scar on his forehead. How about painting the P2 up like him?!! There should be some good reference pictures around here.

Oh, wait... I found one
    avp7.jpg

:devil:

Double H and PredatrHuntr like this.
  8. supa troop

supa troop Blooded

id love to see a Darth Maul style paint up

9. PredatrHuntr

PredatrHuntr Veteran Hunter

I agree with Master Anubis - you should totally do your favorite Pred of all time - Scar ;)

10. Double H

Double H Elite Hunter

I have to stand in agreement with both PredatrHuntr and Master Anubis on this one - do the scar you know thats number 1 in your fav 5 :p

11. bodiee

bodiee Blooded

Go for the ram.

12. MEANGENE83

MEANGENE83 Hunter

Go for Blue. Go for Ram. I second that statement!

13. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

the problem with Ram is the crown was not painted, only the cheaks, so i would have to make it up.

all the other losties were totally unique, so it stands to reason his head paint up would not be like any other, so there is a huge challenge right there.

unless . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . we found out who painted the Ram suit, and contact them to see if they remember their vision of what the pattern would have been.

LunaticNic likes this.
  14. Mr Fett

Mr Fett Elite Hunter

We know Rosengrant and Wang did a lot of painting for that movie, but for fan made stuff, I really like this 'made up' paintjob for Ram's head:

http://www.modelzone.com/mangrasshopper/index.php?level=album&id=361

He used just enough of the neon blue spots that Ram has along the sides of his body (on the real suit) to nicely compliment the head. Not a very busy center pattern like the main P2 (or Snake, even) has, but it does work for Ram.

15. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

I like the centre pattern, but the colours are off for the head, the screen used pics i have are quite abit paler.

hmmmm. ok i need to narrow this list down as it just seems to be getting longer lol

LunaticNic likes this.
  16. Mr Fett

Mr Fett Elite Hunter

I know the colors are off. I just meant using the existing part you DO know (the screen used undermask), and embelishing into the center based off that.

17. pdisc

pdisc Elite Hunter

I say paint the P2 in a P2 pattern with blue,black,grey (Ram)....maybe a hint of green. That should and would look savage mean, just about any direction you go will turn out a must own collectors item my friend.....paint away brutha

18. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

lol ok thanks guys.

kinda threw a spannner in the works there i wasnt expecting to get any sort of Ram love. now i am sorely tempted to try.

Off surfing shortly ( i hope if knee holds up ) then ill trim these up and prep them before another night shoft ggrrrr. they will be ready for when i get time then.

LunaticNic likes this.
  19. Darth Pinhead

Darth Pinhead Hunter

Naw, couldn't really find anything enticing. It would be nice to see a Ram interpretation; anything to take my mind off that bio. I absolutely hate it...

20. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

Yeah never been a fan of the bio either, but the head is a challenge i have been thinking of attacking for a long time. Having said that, this mornings base colours did not go too smoothly, but i am sort of getting there lol.

on to that subject, i white base coated both, then went about the undertones, SNAKE was a mix of yellow/yellow ocre/antelope brown/ and some mish mashing of darker yellows. I will be going back in with some white thinned with isopropynol, to lighten a few areas, i will probably have to bounce back and forth a few times with shades to get the dirty grubby look i am after.
    RAM, well i gave up counting the levels of grey i used, i just could not get it right, although i have used 3 blues so far lol, anyway i think i sort of have it heading in the right direction.

my fingers cannot take anymore today out in the cold garage, so itll be a few days before i get anymore done, but i think i will finish SNAKE before i move onto RAM.

any thoughts?
    snra.jpg

LunaticNic and Robillicus like this.
  21. PredatrHuntr

PredatrHuntr Veteran Hunter

/me rubs hands together

Ooooohh this is going to be fun to watch!

Darth Pinhead likes this.
  22. NeoKazama

NeoKazama Hunter

* Lee !! I'm really digging that Ram. Def top notch work there buddy.

I'll keep an eye on this.

23. pred666pain666

pred666pain666 Elite Hunter

RAM is ALIVE!!!!

24. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

Thanks guys, i have sort of decided on a forehead pattern for RAM which i hope will be akin and in keeping with the rest of the losties.

LunaticNic likes this.
  25. tehfailsafe

tehfailsafe Blooded

Very cool! Can't wait to see more!