Sneak peek (New pix added)

Mannowar

Hunter
Here's what I've got so far on the lower leg armor I've been working on. This is only the foundation. I was going to wait until this sculpt was finished before posting any pix, but I've have a few inquiries as to how it's going so I thought I'd post what I've got so far. The basics are done. All that's left now is raising and evening out the armor flaps a bit, detailing the knee armor, adding the neccessary bumps, bends and creases, then texturing.
I'm also going to be adding ridges on the lower ankle section... There will be two ridges that conform to the ankle and top of foot contours. One will be higher than the other, and about 2 inches apart, so that these can be cut down to fit a shorter person's legs. I'm 6'1" so I'll use the whole sculpt (about 18" tall)... someone a little shorter, can cut up to the bottom of the upper ridge, which will be about 2 inches below the lowest armor layer. It won't sound as confusing once I've added those ridge lines. There's still probably a week of work left to do, so don't judge too harshly yet... More to come... Hopefully done and ready to mold by the weekend.

Mannowar

Hunter
Scott, do you ever sleep?? lol those look incredible, cant wait till they are done, cuz I need.----Joe
LOL, yeah, I work pretty fast. I've got about 12 hours into this piece so far and it seems to be taking forever... but I'm not rushing it. Got a lot done tonight, raised most of the armor plates and added some creases and ridges. Still need to raise the armor on the back and trim all the layer angles. Hopefully will have that finished by tomorrow night. If all goes well, I'll start the detail on the knee section on Thursday and texture the entire piece by Saturday... I'm hoping to have it molded sometime next week (the one thing I'm not looking forward to... will probably take me longer to build the clay retaining wall for the two piece mold than to sculpt the entire piece...lol. I really hate doing two piece molds). I'll probably post some more pix tomorrow night. It looks A LOT different now than the pix I posted last night. It's really starting to take some form now. More to come!

Mannowar

Hunter
Here's a quick update with a little more of the form in place and angles cut a little cleaner. More to come soon.

fantazar

Blooded
Fantastic work!!

Will the back interfere with the joint behind your knee when crouching or sitting?
Maybe not, but just thinking out loud :rolleyes:

Mannowar

Hunter
Fantastic work!!

Will the back interfere with the joint behind your knee when crouching or sitting?
Maybe not, but just thinking out loud :rolleyes:
I had actually considered that... That's why I dropped the back lower than the front. Plus, they'll be latex, so it's not like they won't move and give a little. So, although I won't know 'til I try a finished pair on, I don't forsee a problem at this point.

Mannowar

Hunter
Here's one more update before starting the texturing detail... Hope you like it... I'll hopefully have the texturing detail finished by tomorrow night.

recoil1701

Blooded
Wow!!! nice pair of shin guards excellent crafting kudos to you, can't wait to see it finished and painted!!!

Jesus