So I was at Wal-Mart tonight...

P

PredatoRob

Like the title says, I was infact at Wal-Mart tonight. Apparently, you need to eat food to live. Anyway, I was standing back as my roommate was checking out, and I was thinking... the people shopping tonight are completely oblivious to what's going on around them. I mean, these people seemed like Robots to me. Paying absolutely no attention to anyone else around them- just going in and getting what they need. I was getting bumped into, having to manuever the aisles around insanley FAT people, getting hit again, and no "Oh, Im sorry, I wasn't paying attention and didn't see you there." @#%$, really? Let's face it... it's crowded, people just wanna get their stuff and get out as fast as possible. Consumerism at it's best. Not to mention the many unattended screaming children that run up and down the aisle while Mommy flirts with the stock boy. I hate screaming children. Perhaps I should say, I don't like children who scream uncontrollably while their parents(trained in this area)completely shut them out. However they tend to annoy the crap out of everyone around them. You were thinking it, and I said it.

Anyway, I got sidetracked. I was completely blown away when the idea, or visualisation hit me. THIS PLACE(and others like it)would be perfect "safe-houses" for Predators. Think about it... everyone all wrapped up in their own crap and drama to notice what was going on around them. OR what was WALKING around them. At that point I had an orgasm in my brain. I thought "WOW... I could totally see Predators just standing still amidst a crowd of shoppers". I totally thought the AVP Predators because of their size. To me, thats saying alot- while shopping you don't notice these "giants" walking through the store towards the meat area. So I got to sketching, and this is what I came up with-

MVC-464F.jpg

Mind you this is a sketch and not the finished piece. The Celtic Predator is standing there with a kind of "What the hell.. how could you not notice". Chopper has found an un-ruly, mis-behaving child. He picks him up to "examine" him. Scar is in the attack position because a couple of curious, annoying children kept pulling at pieces of his armor and asking annoying questions, thusly scaring them off. The sketch took me about 20 minutes to do, there's alot to be corrected and such... but I thought it was too funny to NOT post. Plus I'll try and scale it up as best I can so you can get an idea of just how gigantic these Predators are.

More to come!

A

Akira Fudou xxx

hahaha rob your a crazy cat, while your at wal mart pic me up a quart along with a nice mexican babe. all walmarts have hot chicks, i think wal mart hires them to walk around so guys like us keep coming back.

S

Savage Yautja

That's great this should apply to all the department stores nationwide! LOL Every Wal-mart, Target, Meijer,K-mart, and any other chain you wana mention always has too many screaming brats running arounds like little chestbursters (mouth open screaming) while the parents are oblivious to it.
Kudos Rob, you nailed it!

S

Shovel Face Sharky

That's great! Last time I was in Wal-Mart it was actually on my way home from dinner and I suddenly remembered that I needed to pick up some epoxy for my costume. I wasn't even in there 15 minutes total and I was annoyed as f^%k.
Great sketch

R

RaptorArts

Great picture! Love the concept! Open Season on all humans! Now that would be awesome!

Y

Yautja lover

i would go to wal-mart just to see them hunt. it would be cute if they hid in the clothes racks.

P

PredatoRob

I would go to Wal-Mart just to see them too, but that's not the point. WE would see them, but the rest of the general public would not. The Wal-Mart's that I've been to over the years seem to have on thing in common- all the people shopping are completely oblivious to everything but themselves or the people they're shopping with. The point of the drawing is to show just how self-involved/inconsiderate people are in the real world. This isn't something I soley realized while shopping at Wal-Mart, it's something that's been accumulating for many years while hanging out at the Mall or even the Grocery Store- it just so happens I reached my boiling point while getting food at Wal-Mart.

I thought it'd be really funny if a Predator or Predators had staked out several places for a base camp during their hunt... and those places turned out to be high traffic areas like Wal-Mart or a Mall or Home Depot- where no one was concerned about what was going on around them, but more concerned with what they needed and how fast they could get it and get backto their car. Like all of these people shopping, arguing and scuffling about... however you throw in an 8 ft. intergalactic killer who is in plain sight... yet no one cares. THAT is funny and Ironic. A creature that uses stealth technology to hunt its prey... yet it is incredibly safe hiding out in the open without it's "cloak" because everyones so concerned with their own needs they don't notice this monster walking past them. Does that make sense? I hope so, because I suck at explaining.

Y

Yautja lover

i get it. i can recall a few times i've been like that. never really noticing anyone else while i was in a hurry to purchase something.

Y

Yautja lover

oh. lol. i wish i could dress up where work. once i get switched to the morgue, i'm gonna dress like the grim reaper for one day