Solvent/Clean-up for airbrush?

B

blk n blu dream

What kind of solvent is used for latex paint base to clean-out airbrushes?

Thanks!

M

mgrmax

Somebody should have answered this a while ago for you . I use diluted dish soap with water and it cleans up like a champ.

D

DIAVOLOBIANCO

i use a acrilic color for the base, to cleam aribrush i use "alcol"

M

MEANGENE83

I use alcohol and also run some HOT HOT water through it and then some type of a soap like MGR mentioned.

If its still clogged, u can soak it in hot water and or alcohol.
Not for too long tho, i remember mel saying the rubber interior parts can get damaged or dried up if left in solvents too long.

is this right MEL?

T

The Big Gunns

Yeah you dont want to leave the airbrush sitting in alcohol, laquer thinner or anything like that.

I dont know how you guys use alcohol though.. alcohol and arcylic paint do not like each other and will sometimes gum up inside the airbrush. ~Mel

P

PredatoRob

I disassemble (no disassemble, number five is alive!!!) mine and soak all the metal parts in mineral spirits. Mine clogs everytime after it's been used.

I dunno if that's bad or good, but so far it's worked like a charm. Keeps the outside of the body nice and shiney too!

Hope that helps.

A

Akira Fudou xxx

i blow my wistle and umpalumpas come marching out and sing me a song as they take my air brush and magicaly clean it

all the umpalumpas look like mini-gene's

D

DIAVOLO BIANCO

sorry Mel but dipend...
tamiya acrilic colors are perfect witn alcol and is better for them use alcol than use water