Some days life just sucks :(

S

sinister70

I guess it just wasn't my day on the 23rd of september. I recently sculpted and cast another custom Bio that I was planning on showing here in the near future. Any way during a break in sorting out my halloween costume decided that it was time to give it a black base coat and so went outside to give it a couple of coats. Once done I returned up four flights of stairs to my apartment and left it propped up on a paint can outside my door, with the door open a little to allow the paint to dry, rather than stinking up the house. After ten minutes I poked my head out to see how it was going only to find the paint can sitting there and the Bio missing. It would seem that some toe rag had decided to liberate it and despite canvasing the apartment block and posting notices on the main door and noticeboards so far I've got nowhere. I still have the mold except it's back in the U.K. so I guess I'll have to wait another ten months until I can replace it so it's not a total loss. It's just that once again my faith in people who should know better has taken another nosedive.

Moan over. Thanks for listening

P

pirkleations

Man!

That does suck!!

I am wondering if someone thought it was a freebie, like when people put stuff out after yard sales. Even so, they should have asked before taking it.

But my theory is this...

Whoever took it obviously knew what it was. They might have known that it had value as well. I would say watch for it on EBay and then nab the turd.

~DangerDavey

B

biohunter76

That's good advice Pirk. It shouldn't be to hard to find. Also be sure to keep your eyes pealed on halloween. I hope you catch the guy.

P

PredatoRob

Damn, dude, that's some **** right there. I leave my helmets and whatever else I'm painting outside all the time. Lucky for me that people don't mess with my props. They just steal my cars, like normal people.

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune man. So long as you got the mold, eh? Silver lining? Hehehe.

On a sidenote, keep an eye on Egay just in case. Ya never know. I agree with Dave about the thief "knowing" what it was when he took it.

C

carlart

Hatin' it for ya.
One solution would be to use a skin permeable, water soluable substance you could paint onto the back of the thing that causes instead vomiting when touched with a bare hand by thieving swine. You leave your latex gloves on until the paint on the front dries, then bring the bio back inside and wash off the back with warm soapy water.

If you don't have access to a CIA "fun" kit, maybe a trusty watch dog in the vicinity would work.

Sorry to hear this,
carlart

S

Savage Yautja

Too bad you couldn't do what Bruce Willis did in The Jackel. The guy touched the van and was dead in seconds for skin contact with a solution strayed on the tailgate latch. That'll teach them to NEVER steal again.