Something fun

T

The Big Gunns

I just got my new cellphone.. Motorola pink razor. So just for fun I started sculpting a holder for it. I've been wanting to try sculpting on a smaller scale. I have about 2 hours into the sculpt.

~Mel
DSCN3159.jpg

T

The Mortal Immortal

Like like it; its fun and cool at the same time.

S

siliconsara

I am assuming you can charge your phone while it's in that holder? This sounds farfetched, but if you can somehow get the power and charge lights to show through in the sculpt, that would be awesome.

T

The Big Gunns

Well its not really for charging.. just something for the phone to sit in during the day. Plus not all phones have their charger in the same spot. The opening is big enough for larger phones, cigarettes, pens, pencils.. all sorts of junk

~Mel

J

JediUsurper

Looks good mel, and what a great idea.

i see plenty of people copying the idea mel, me for one

T

The Big Gunns

Im still looking for a box for the back of the faceplate... but he's almost done.
cellphone.jpg

T

The Big Gunns

Shadow.. 3's a crowd

Jeff- that can be arranged Im doing the this version of it and also a wall plaque.

Im doing a test run on the paint. Painting resin is allot different that latex. Painting smaller is nice.. goes much faster.
cell1.jpg

P

PredatoRob

Mel, that is really, really cool!!! My cellphone totally doesn't deserve one of those bad boys. Oh man. The paint work is looking as sweet as always, too.

A

alphatech686

Mel, I can see you have way to much time on your hands. That always means nice stuff for us to copy, I mean look at.

S

Shadow predator

3's a crowd she says... You won't even notice your boyfriend! :p

No, really, mighty and inspirering work

T

The Big Gunns

Rob- I know you've got plenty of pens and pencils you could stick in the box.. it's not just for cellphones

That always means nice stuff for us to copy
Jeff- join the crowd man

P

philmar1962

Mel:

That would look awesome sitting on my office desk watching me everyday! Great conversation Piece..hehe...Keep me in mind.

D

drgnfyre4

Pretty soon there will have to be a museum to house all of the Works of Mel.