Sound System

carss66

Hunter
Hi all,has anyone done a good sound board/system for pred sounds.every topic ive looked at on these sound boards has turned out a dead end or people have had probs with the system/seller.saw one on fle-bay for over £400.so no way im paying that but will trade or buy at right price.any help would be great,thanks chris

TuaCathach

Hunter
Chris there are load of options out there dude.

ROMFx have a system that you can programme the sounds on to.. works on finger controls;; there are other cheaper variants of this aswell.
or what about the simple MP3 player with the sounds on loop?

carss66

Hunter
Chris there are load of options out there dude.

ROMFx have a system that you can programme the sounds on to.. works on finger controls;; there are other cheaper variants of this aswell.
or what about the simple MP3 player with the sounds on loop?
Hi mate,all the one's ive looked at have probs with working.im no electronic savey person,so thought if some one on here that dose a system,then will buy or trade.tried my mp3 player but too fiddley and would like buttons on my finger for ease.

sulaco1967

Hunter
If you check my wip thread I made a sound system using an old smartphone..

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/28800-sulaco1967-wip-first-build/#entry354917

Just wired it up to a set of speakers inside the gauntlet.

sulaco1967

Hunter
I have sounds running on the music player on phone on a random loop. So no need to fiddle with the screen once your out on a hunt. I built a voice changing system which I have not got round to posting yet, it let's you click and growl when you want. I used an old thread on the lair to create it, think off the top of my head it was a predatormaniac post .

Double H

Elite Hunter
I have sounds running on the music player on phone on a random loop. So no need to fiddle with the screen once your out on a hunt. I built a voice changing system which I have not got round to posting yet, it let's you click and growl when you want. I used an old thread on the lair to create it, think off the top of my head it was a predatormaniac post .
Totally got to see that!

troggs

Hunter
Love the suit, haven't been on here much lately to comment, would a "personal sound t shirt" be any good? It has a remote control, which you can programme 13 different sounds into - the buttons might be a bit small, unless a helper operates the controls for you?

carss66

Hunter
Love the suit, haven't been on here much lately to comment, would a "personal sound t shirt" be any good? It has a remote control, which you can programme 13 different sounds into - the buttons might be a bit small, unless a helper operates the controls for you?
would need to see what it looks like,and how it works but sounds a possibility.
there was a guy on here with a arduino system,that wanted donations too produce the system.but cant find the post or if he still dose it.
prop fiction dose a system like what i need,but too many people have probs with it/him.

troggs

Hunter
I don't know if this is any good to give you an idea, for me to extend my blades I made this out of plastic card, glued the tactile switch on to it, then the whole thing is glued inside my glove. the cables then are connected up just before I put the glove on.

bg1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhlakk

Hunter
We have a group in Germany called PropFiction, they made a very nice and loud soundboard which has no problems with the sweat under your gloves.
Three or four buttons which control the sounds. One board coverd with sounds for all costumes you have.

Shoot them a Email if you want: Info@Prop-fiction.de

Look at this: http://www.prop-fiction.de/Service/SpezialFX/SoundModul.html

carss66

Hunter
We have a group in Germany called PropFiction, they made a very nice and loud soundboard which has no problems with the sweat under your gloves.
Three or four buttons which control the sounds. One board coverd with sounds for all costumes you have.

Shoot them a Email if you want: Info@Prop-fiction.de

Look at this: http://www.prop-fict...SoundModul.html
i contacted prop fiction and they will not change the sounds to what i need.only do 12 or 6 of there sounds.

Klwl

Blooded
I'm in the same boat would love to find a simple solution for a few sound bites with buttons.

carss66

Hunter
wish i could find that guy who needed sponcers to get his arduino system produced.or any one that got one to see if its worth it.would have thought a sound system would be a common item for sale,but find it hard to get.

QCVader

Blooded
I purchased the personal soundtrack t-shirt. Soldered a 1/8 male cable from the output wire from the soundtrack "box". I'm using a 10 watt Aker voice amp.
I have the 20 button board attached to my bomb gauntet. The wires run up my arm. The Aker voice amp is embedded in the back of my armor.
I've stiffened the index and middle finger of my right hand to operate the small buttons on the bomb gauntlet. Works great so far! Very loud! I'm going to try it out next week at Ohio Comic Con.