Spike TV Scream Awards......

P

pirkleations

I am pretty much an all-around fan of Sci-fi, Fantasy and Horror and celebrate the genres whenever possible.

But......

To those who watched the Spike TV Scream Awards, did the whole thing seem a bit lame and showy? The bad jokes flowed more freely than Rob Zombie's hair.

I was hoping for more costumes and maybe even a little more appreciation of Sci-fi monsters like the Predator and Alien.

The audience was more colorful and interesting than some of the guests.

I did, however, enjoy the tribute to Ozzy.

Maybe I just needed to be drunk to enjoy it more.

Comments? Opinions? A fresh perspective??

~DangerDavey

B

biohunter76

I couldn't agree more, it was weak. And the jokes had no one laughing. If not for Ozzy and Korn, I would have changed the channel.

D

DAVIDYR1

We enjoyed it.
You are right though...some more costume and attention to that aspect of the world of movie making would have been cool.
Predator and Alien..no question. Awards of this nature should seriously focus on effects as well...without the prosthetics, tearing flesh, zombies or creatures in general we wouldnt have horror or sci fi movies in the first place.

I also really liked the comic book award...but did find the Ozzy award 'out of place'. I love Ozzy..but what does he have to do with the scream awards? Know what I mean?

Still...we found it fun..but I make no secret that I'd like to see it evolve more for next year. Good start thought....

David

P

pirkleations

I'll definitely be checking it out next year in the hopes that it explores more avenues of the imagination.

~DangerDavey