Stan Winston Book Signing CANCELLED

• Thread starter The Mortal Immortal
  • Start date
T

The Mortal Immortal

We are disappointed to announce that due to unexpected
and unavoidable circumstances, Stan Winston has had to
cancel his Southern California Book Tour, including the
Saturday, December 2nd, Monsters In Motion event.

Stan sends his sincere apologies, and has conveyed
to us that if there was any way he could avoid this - he would.

We will look to reschedule the event for sometime in early 2007.

We apologize for any inconvenience,
Monsters In Motion

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pirkleations

Well...I guess that gives our Cali hunters more time to get their show costumes ready.

~DangerDavey

M

MEANGENE83

Thats totally rude and disrespectful...

A man is only as good as his word.

Seems like in typical "HOLLYWOOD" fashion he decided he didnt wanna do the dates.

S

SeaHunterr

I'm gunna sue him! He told us he would be there and he did not deliver! See how lame that is? JK....hope he can reschedule...I might have a suit ready by then

T

The Mortal Immortal

Just give me more time to fine tune my suit with some more paint and extras.

S

stampedemag

Just write to him (all of you that were to attend) and tell him that you were going to honor his creation with a big showing of fan-made suits. You never know he may invite all of you to his studio or something to make up for it!

N

NUCKING FUTS BONG

He promises us that he was going to be there more exuses and broking promises.

R

RaptorArts

He could have had a death in the family or a medical problem arise. You never know what can happen but whatever the case I hope things are ok. It does give us all the time we need to finish our suits or get started on accessories for them

Btw. How can we wright him if we dont know his mailing address? The only one I know of is the one below but I have never had a reply from him...

Stan Winston Studio
17216 Saticoy Street
P.O. Box #346
Van Nuys, CA. 91406

His email is null and void now for some reason: info@swfx.com

P

ptgreek

I know this thread has been inactive for awhile now, but I just got a little info that seem relevent. Some family friends of mine are very good friends of the Winstons. Last night they were in town to help celebrate my father's 65th birthday. I mentioned to my father's friend that I would be moving down to L.A. soon and would love to take him up on the offer to meet Stan Winston. His immediate response was that Stan was "real sick right now" He didnt say with what, but he was pretty serious about it. He was however optomistic and said that he would call me and set up something in the near future. Anyways...real people do get ill from time to time. All we can do is wish them a speedy recovery and hope for the best. I'm sure that he will resume the promotion of the book when he is better.

S

stampedemag

Knowing something like that, mabye the gang that was supposed to go to the signing should send him something like a get well card. I think that would go a long way in telling him that we are not only fans but also concerned rational people. Some fan bases are so rabid that artists shudder to think about meeting them.

R

RaptorArts

I agree we should send him a get well card or something to that effect. Ideas anybody? I know we dont have a personal address but we can probably forward it through ptgreek.

C

CyberPred

I wonder when did he get sick. Not to sound like the bad guy but I saw lots of sights telling people to buy the book so they can get it signed right away.

Seems suspect to me.

Just my opinion.

Cary

P

ptgreek

Dont know what I can do to help on the address front, but I can try my best....hmmm...I wonder how to approach it and not sound wierd?

C

CyberPred

Tell him you love him and want to have his baby.

Should be a great ice breaker!

Cary

C

CyberPred

Well, Got my signed copy.

We will be praying for him if he is truly ill.

Cary

P

ptgreek

I dont think the person who told me of his illness would have any reason to lie to me. They have known Stan and his family for a very long time and thier daughters are best friends. I was fortunate enough to meet him at thier daughters wedding a couple of years back. At my father's birthday,I happened to mention that I will be moving down to L.A. within the year and would love to get in touch with Mr. Winston if that was possible. Our family friend then told me that Stan was very sick ( no futher details) but that I should call them soon so that when I do come down, we could set something up. This is all I know.....I cant tell in your writting if you are being sarcastic or doubtfull of what I wrote, Cary. Sometimes a bit gets lost in the translation of forum postings. Anyways...I cant be positive of this news of course, but the family who broke it to me are some of the nicest, trustworthy people that I know. They are far removed from the glitz of hollywood rumors, so I will have to take thier word for it.

S

SeaHunterr

hope he's feeling better, his imagination has been an inspiration for so many people.