STEVE WANG HOW TO BUILD A MONSTER SUIT VIDEO

inkmonster

Hunter
i just picked up a old issue of amazing figure modeler. and there was a artical on steve wang and said he made a video years ago called how to build a monster suit. has anyone else ever heard of this video and know where i may get my hands on a copy? i allready tried ebay and cant find it. and i dont know if it was only released in japan or not.

seknewb

Unblooded
I seem to remember that video being done when he was guest speaking with Dick Smith at the Yoyogi (or something like that) Institute in Japan. It was not available to the public.

inkmonster

Hunter
I seem to remember that video being done when he was guest speaking with Dick Smith at the Yoyogi (or something like that) Institute in Japan. It was not available to the public.
yeah thats what i heard it was part of a instructional coarse that he tought. but i figured someone out there would have made copies and tried to make some money off them by now with all the bootlegging goin on. or it would have eventually been released by him to make some money off it himself. never can hurt to try to find something like that.

carlart

Hunter
Hey sek-----
Welcome back, when last we heard you were off to do a project (show). I know you can't talk about it, but I hope all went well.

carlart

seknewb

Unblooded
Hey sek-----
Welcome back, when last we heard you were off to do a project (show). I know you can't talk about it, but I hope all went well.

carlart

Thanks Carl-

That was Die Hard 4 (out in 2 weeks so I can spill now). You can see some of the stuff we did in the trailer. The F-35 attempting to take out the 18-wheeler and leveling a double deck highway. Full scale and miniatures...

Been cruising some boards the last couple days as time permits. The year has been crazy. Die Hard and 4 other films.

I'm leaving this weekend for a month on a halo 3 commercial (definitely can't talk about that) and then, possibly some time on a certain "dark knight". :p

Back to the topic though. I for one would love to get a copy of this tape to take a look at. Can't say I've ever seen it floating around the shops, so it seems pretty doubtful anybody will find one on the Bay or anywhere else for that matter. I think the school actually owns it, and that it's an in-house video which would likely mean that not even the students were getting copies of it.

zealwing

Hunter
Hi all, Yep that video belongs to the school to bad most likely we will never see it, but you never know its funny that you bring this topic up I did email Steve a very long time ago he said that video will not be made available to the public since that belongs to the school. and I also asked him if he would ever do a video on creature making, but I think he told me that it was just to costly to make something like that and that there wasn't gonna be enough people to buy it and make that kind of money back I believe he did say that he would have loved to do it one day, this isnt exactly how he said it as Im just trying to remember all of it so many years ago have past since that email, talk about time going by super fast. :p

If you look at his credits you can see the school listed there at his blog

[URL="http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...d0-06e827d16c79"]http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...d0-06e827d16c79[/URL]

YOYOGI INSTITUTE OF ANIMATION(JAPAN)- Special guest lecturer and instructor of special makeup effects. (10 years)

fxedge30

Unblooded
Hey guys,

Just trying to bring this topic back to life..... with new info.

I was looking for info to contact the school directly to see about the monster suit video and found out that the school went bankrupt and closed.

Is there anyway to contact Steve Wang to see if it might be made available because of this new info? OR get info on who the direct contact would be in Japan? If it is still around, somewhere?

Just trying to get some GREAT info, like this video, on to the open market.

Cheers,

Jeff