Steves CELTIC alterations - Opinions

P

predmaniac

celtic%20fan.jpg
th my CELTIC BIO and I am considering altering the Bio by drilling out the front and using a mesh grill to allow air to circulate. I have already fitted a fan into the mask to help with this but it need a larger area to draw the air.
This is quite a daunting prospect as I luv the bio as it is and I am looking for some advice or opinions on this course of action.

celtic%20mesh1.jpg
IMG]http://www.top-punts.co.uk/images/celtic mesh2.jpg[/IMG]
celtic%20mesh2.jpg

S

Savage Yautja

What about the anit fogging liquid for windshields? I think it's called Fog X by the makers of Rain X.

J

JediUsurper

something i do with diving is put washing up liquid on the lens, then give it a quick rinse ( dont dry ) it leaves a film on the lens so it doesnt mist up.

I know its not exactly the same but maybe worth a try.

R

Round Hammer

Or take out those solid lenses and install some sort of metal mesh.

Might not be accurate, but it will stop the fogging.

S

STEVE0671

Drill holes in my helmet,, ??? Noooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

.. only kiddin. but there should be no need!?

one other thing you could do that some Vaders do is you could drill very small holes in the four corners of your lenses. very small though, enoguh to let air inside, this will keep them clear.

Steve

A

alphatech686

Hey I like the fan. I'm installing one in the back of the Topknot mask only it's about 2.5 inches in diameter. Can you feel much air movement with that little of one?

P

predmaniac

Could be better, but thats partly because I'm running it at 9v instead of 12v I think.

S

Savage Yautja

Adding a fine mesh grille where you have it circled on the second pic sounds like your best option to keep the overall look intact and still get functional airflow in the bio.

P

predmaniac

Ive made the alterations as discussed earlier bored some holes in the side pieces and covered with mesh. Just deciding if to put some holes in the centre piece?

meshclose.jpg

mesh1.JPG

mesh3.JPG

S

Savage Yautja

I'd stop now and leave it the way it looks. Looks like enough grill mesh without ruining the look. You can always make it more open behind the mesh grill work.

S

STEVE0671

looks fine mate, you did a tidy job!

Nice idea . that will stop the sweating and steaming up I should think

P

predmaniac

Heres where I finished up, I think it adds something extra to the mask, a bit more tech if you know what I mean. Tahnks for all the comments.

current.jpg

P

PhantomSniper801

also, you can look into some paintball products, they have lots of different spray's for goggles that keep them from fogging up.

A

acerhater

I like the look. I bet it makes a significant improvement in air flow. I cut out the frown in my stormtrooper helmet and it made a big improvement but then again I am not wearing a latex mask under it.