Testing the waters...

P

philmoore ghastly

I have a question for the list members... I am thinking of making a dvd of the "Predator process" Basically I am keeping a camera on myself while I sculpt... for those that don't know, I am sculpting a pred mask that will eventually be a foam latex skin with a fiberglass underskull... the underskull will feature 11 points of articulation via a microcontroller/servo combo with the RC battery housed in the forearm rigging (along with a custom made recharger) and analog pressure/flex switches molded in the glove that will activate the servos in the mask in some predefined way... this will also have an audio board that will trigger with the pre-defined expressions... there is actually a couple people working on this project... with the dvd I was thinking of including the whole process, sculpting theory, blocking out to refinement and detail techniques... running foam, underskull construction, animatronics and electronics so that even people afraid of electronics might be able to accomplish this task, and finally painting... I also have a technique for dreds that might be of interest to people...if I do this, don't expect a dvd till well into next year and don't expect hollywood quality video production... oh, and IF I do this, I might sell the electronics in kit form, already loaded with the program on the EPROM...but before I go through the trouble I need to know if there is an interest in something like this and if there is, what would people be will to pay for this dvd... let me know

S

Shadow predator

Im interested, do you have pictures of your work somewhere?

P

philmoore ghastly

pics of my work...hmm... you made me do some searching... I don't have many digital images on my harddrive but I found a couple on some floppies in my office...
The first is one that some have seen before... one of the only pics on my harddrive of my work...
Fluffy - side view

Fluffy - front view

I found these two images on floppies (had to search through about 20 floppies before I found any clay...lol)
This one is an in process shot... couldn't find any images of him done...*sorry*
Clink

The last image I found was a quick skull study I did for a monster lab project many moons ago... about a day invested
Skull Study

oh, here is an early in process shot of the Pred mask... this was the second day of work ~4 hours at this point... much further along now... just need to shoot some pics
Pred WIP

Hope that helps

M

MoviesColin

I'd pay about $10 maybe more. Depending on the content. Now if you included the makings of every mechanic, that would definatly slap me down for a copy. I go googilie-eyed over the inner-workings of mechanics, just so long as I can understand what's happening.

P

philmoore ghastly

That is my intent... to show the inner workings in a manner that is easy to understand... I, like you, love to see the inner workings of stuff... BTW have you guys seen these guys Spectral Motion They do some awesome mechanics! Talk about someone who like electronics wet dream...lol
I am hoping to make it as a put Tab A into Slot B type of tutorial... working with someone now that is even further streamlining my original mock-up on the electronics, which means that the project's component price should drop very significantly... that is exciting and the guy is awesome at what he does... the mask will be all actor controlled in a way that won't detract from the performance... be very un-noticeable to the spectators as how the mask is controlled... just lookiing alive is all that they will see... probably be more in the $20 range though, just to cover costs

S

Savage Yautja

I'd be very interested. If you ned reference pics I have plenty to share If you want I could burn a set of my Archived predator files for you to go through. Basically all areas of Predator related articles and files I've saved since I joined this forum and the work people have posted here. Anything and everything Predator.