The Ancient Elder.. engraved teeth pg.5

T

The Big Gunns

Thanks guys...

He's almost got a full set of teeth.. painting them is taking alot longer this time.
~Mel

P

PredatoRob

Wow, Mel. That's nuts....!!!! The detail is incredible, and it looks gross!! Two pluses. I am both weirded out and compelled to buy the mouth dinner.

Did you use a fine detail brush for the mouth veins? Ooooooooh I want to paint mine now!

T

The Big Gunns

Yeah I use the airbrush and a lining brush for the mouth Rob.I should be able to finish the rest of the teeth tommorow.

~Mel
mouth33.jpg

mouth3345.jpg

P

pirkleations

Incredible....just incredible.

So beautiful....

No words....no words....

I'll be prepping special dreds, quills and decorations for this "galactic geezer". I'm even working on a custom dred ring design that will match his ancient roots.(no dred pun intended)

You'd better believe that he is going to be an honored member of the Pirk Clan!!

DangerDavey

A

alkalilake

This looks to me like it's crossed the line into realism. If there were such a thing as a predator elder, he'd surely look like this. Inspired work by an inspiring artist.

S

ScottAS

Wow Mel! SHE! is a beautiful Elder! I love your attention to detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Savage Yautja

Mel you and Larry must hang out together or something. This looks better than even Predator in regards to all the detail work.
FOX studios! Sit up and take notice, this is the level of quality we want in our Predator movies. Give the right people the green light and the funds needed to do it and make it look real, R rated, and stick to a proven formula and you'll have a blockbuster hit. Cut corners and you'll have a flop, lose your fan base and alienate those you want to impress.

M

MoviesColin

They won't take notice.

I've come to the conclusion the Fox doesn't care about the fans, they want the movie done as cheaply and quickly as possible to suck all the blood out of their fans.

Alien3 comes to mind here...

T

The Big Gunns

Dave- I have an idea for dreads. I'll paint some up for pics and if you like them then you can send me yours and I'll take care of those.

I dremeled your teeth just a little... I'll be doing the temporary mount later today.
teeth-1.jpg

Y

YautjaWan

Mel, that is a truly gorgeous mask(well for an ugly Pred anyways)

Very well done.

P

pirkleations

Cool, Mel!!

I guess if you have to torture and tease us even more with your marvellous paint-up ideas, we can deal with it!!!(You know that you don't even have to ask...)

I've got enough backer rod we can exchange if your idea works out as we expect.(Really...do we have any doubts?)

DangerDavey

T

The Big Gunns

Here he is without the dreads... those pics are coming soon!
~Mel
fnd3.jpg

fnd6.jpg

fnd2.jpg

fnd5.jpg

This shot was a little under exposed but cool none the less!
fnd4.jpg

M

Master Yoda 54

Wow Mel. That mask is awesome. Im extrememly impressed by it. You got it looking real nasty and mean. Awesome

KEITH

A

asy0uw1sh

Mel, the paint job on this looks spectacular! I hope you don't mind, I used a photographic forensic program to bring out the amazing colors on the overexposed shot, here it is...

fnd4s.jpg

-Alan

N

NibsFlibble

OMG, tears are running down my face along with a smile a mile wide......

I am just floored!

That is an absolutely stunning piece of artwork .....

I can't wait to put the dreds on and all the decorative ceremonial elder goodies we plan on adding. He may need a special bio.

OMG

P

pirkleations

I had just come home from a small trip to the store and Deb came to me, bouncing all over the place with excitement.

"Mels done painting the mask!! You have to see it!!!" She announced with giddy delight.

After I dropped the groceries carelessly to the floor, I wind-sprinted to the computer and sat, giggling to myself along with Deb.

The Lair was quite active as I opened the Trophy Room link and began to scroll down to page three of the Ancient One Elder mask thread. I was sure others were just as excited to see the progress of the paint job. The anticipation grew as I passed the mouth paint pictures, the teeth, and then the dremelled tusks.

And there it was...the most beautiful, awesome, paint job I've ever seen on anything of my own creation. Mel had truly given my Elder life and spirit.

I sat silent for a several long seconds and just stared at the pictures. That was all I could do. I could not utter a word. There was no mistake that this was a work of art in the finest sense.

And as I openly wept, I thought to myself, "She'd better f**kin' sign it!!

Wonderful job, Mel!!!