The AVP Uber-Cannon...A preview of a masterpiece!!

P

pirkleations

Hey everyone!!

I've been dilligently working on the detailing for Shataan/Gary's AVP Uber-Cannon with sliding pump section.

Since I am finished with the basic detailing, I simply had to paint it up to see how it looks overall. Plus, the paint helps smooth out the surface for molding. The laser site front triangle is blank so that the tri-laser holes can be drilled to fit any style lighting. Also, the pump will slide along a slot in the barrel and can be set to one of three positions with a locking pin. The cannon will be cast hollow to allow for a servo to operate the pump section. The laser site will also be cast hollow to allow for light effects.

IMHO, this is the best cannon prop I have ever seen next to Carl's AVP P1 and Gary's RTF Cannon. Gary has outdone himself, and I am proud to be contributing to the great project!!

Anyway, here are some pictures of the soon-to-be-molded Jensen/Pirkle AVP Uber-Cannon. Enjoy!!

Uberpaint09.jpg

Uberpaint04.jpg

Uberpaint05.jpg

Uberpaint02.jpg

Uberpaint03.jpg

Uberpaint08b.jpg

Uberpaint08c.jpg

Uberpaint012.jpg

Uberpaint011.jpg

Uberpaint010.jpg

Uberpaint013.jpg

~DangerDavey

S

Shataan

The only thing I can add is that the piece that attaches the laser housing to the cannon at this time is needing a bit of adjustment Pirk. Easy fix tho. The round button goes towards the rear of the cannon, and the angled part of that mostly square part goes towards the laser sight housing... forward.

Once that is corrected, it looks like we are good to go. I sent Pirk a reference pic pointing out this small but needed correction.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs109&d=06...anbot3.jpg

P

pirkleations

My bad on the laser housing connector! I didn't have a picture that shows how it goes, so I had to guess!! Easy enough to turn around. I had just lightly tacked the piece on for pictures.

As a matter of fact, the only thing that was holding the cannon together for the photos was tape and snot.

Still looks the shiznet, though!!!

~DangerDavey

R

RaptorArts

Damn Dude!!!! That cannon kicks serious ass! Great job!

S

SeaHunterr

Incredible detail...that looks like a screen used prop ...all you need is a COA.
I hope to get one of these and make it part of my suit, not just a static cannon, but one that does something...move and lights. Great work guys, very much appreciated!

C

carlart

Thanks for the kudos, Dave. Yours ain't too shabby either. Congrats to Gary on a superb execution and to Dave for the finishing touches in bringing this screen accurate baby to the Lair.
carlart

5179julie

I`m in the process of building a budget cannon. Talk about stopping a man in his tracks!! I think I`ll throw mine in the bin!!
Top piece of kit dude.

S

Shataan

Thx for the kind compliments all. This cannon tho is very much a joint project of mine and Pirks. He does all the cool minutai movie accurate detailing. He paints, moulds, casts... the list goes on and on. Nibs his wife does the photo ops stuff too. Incomparison, what I did was alot easier imho. hehhhe

Pirk even came up with a cooler than thou pin/slot mechanism that is integral for the front sliding part of the cannon. Peeps I think are gonna be very surprised how easy it will be to animate it.

Pirks well into the moulding process as we speak. It is very exciting to see this baby coming to life. With some luck, hopefully we can bring more coolness to the table in the future. Thx again.

S

SeaHunterr

will this item only be viewable at the Louvre, or will it be making a worldwide tour soon? Can't wait to get one and work it into a suit