The hunt begins...

shockwave

Blooded
I'd really like to get started on my own costume, and I might as well start from the top. Anyone making and painting masks and/or bios for sale atm? Being all the way down here in Oz is probably gonna be a pain to get all the bits and pieces but any help would be much appreciated. :p I've already checked Ebay and have a couple of things in the maybe basket, but it'd be good to have a little more to choose from. Thanks in advance everyone.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Theres quite a few people make pred stuff, you wont go far wrong with Biohunter for a Bio, and theres god knows how many masks around from different makers.

does no one make anything like this in Australia?

i ask as my wife and i are seriously considering emmigrating next year.

Ralic

Unblooded
Im sorry I cannot be too much help. Im new, and just wanted to say good luck :)

There is a section of the forum, where members sell, you might want to check it out, you will probably find one there.

--Kris--

roundhammer

Hunter
Monsterroom (here) makes many suit pieces. I have owned both his open fack and closed face mask and they are great.
I'll also go ahead and recommend Bambooie (eBay) for the dreads, as many people here say his are some of the best.

shockwave

Blooded
Usurper: Thanks mate, I'll get in touch with Biohunter. :) As far as I know there's not much happening in Australia in terms of suit making, at least I haven't found any forums or anything remotely as good as the Lair for predator costumes. I'm sure you'd like it here mate, but it can be a little harder (expensive) to get "specialized" goodies. :)

Ralic: Thanks for that mate, it's more than I'm getting from the missus: giggles and smart comments... :)

roundhammer: Cheers for the help too buddy, I'll give Monsterroom a buzz. Bambooie's dreads and rings are already on my watch list on eBay, I've also read here many good things about them.

Good stuff, this is a good start. Thanks guys. ;)

Shai tan

Hunter
Carlarts and DangerDavey got your cannon needs covered. They make THE best AVP/P1 cannons around. SeaHunterrs got some sweet items and AVP accurate gauntblades. He as well I believe has the AVP blades that are retro now for the P1 guants.

roundhammer

Hunter
Glad to be of help.

I'd also recommend the back rod method for dreads if you find yourself in a money crunch.
People who have gone this route seem happy with the results. You can awlays switch them out for upgrades later on.

shockwave

Blooded
Sweet, thanks for the heads up Shai'tan. That'll come in very handy later on. :)

Back rod method? Don't follow you roundhammer... :)

Shai tan

Hunter
It IS possible btw to take backerrod, and smooth taper the entire length almost to make them look alot like proper dreads. As apposed to just putting a point on 1 end and having them look like tubes hanging there. I used a tablemounted belt sander to experiment with them. And it DOES make the backer rod look great for a dread. A good cheap alternative to get you by till you can afford the Booie dreads.

Shai tan

Hunter
Not atm. I posted a pic of 1 I did on the olde Lair. hehhhe But I can tell you with rings on it moved alot nicer than the backerrod does when not tapered correctly. If you look at a Booie dread, that is how I tapered the backerrod test dread. It looked the same as far as the actual taper is concerned.

shockwave

Blooded
Finally got some batteries for the camera... Here's some pics of bio I got a couple of weeks back.

bio6.JPG

bio7.JPG

bio8.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

tusky

Hunter
Usurper: Thanks mate, I'll get in touch with Biohunter. :D As far as I know there's not much happening in Australia in terms of suit making, at least I haven't found any forums or anything remotely as good as the Lair for predator costumes. I'm sure you'd like it here mate, but it can be a little harder (expensive) to get "specialized" goodies. :)

Ralic: Thanks for that mate, it's more than I'm getting from the missus: giggles and smart comments... :)

roundhammer: Cheers for the help too buddy, I'll give Monsterroom a buzz. Bambooie's dreads and rings are already on my watch list on eBay, I've also read here many good things about them.

Good stuff, this is a good start. Thanks guys.
I was sure i saw a unpainted P2 helmet on the Aussie ebay site early this week :(
Big shout across the ditch