The Hunterslair Invades the San Diego Comic Con

munson

Hunter
Kit, Scott...I think you're both right. You can't let it get to you enough that you react in a way that you might regret...but like Scott said, you can't just let them do this either because they will simply just keep on doing it. Not doing anything is as bad as going too far. I agree with what kithunter says, just gang up on them...show the numbers. You have some pretty tall Predators there...there's you Scott, Elder-One, and a few more. Just think about next year if Bryan goes...he's well over 7' in his Wolf suit. Just imagine if you three [with the rest] just form a circle around them? Once you intimidate them, they typically turn tail and run off like the rats they are.

But yea, if someone would've grabbed my dread...it would be a pure "P1/Dutch" moment. Grab the prick by the throat.

kithunter

Elite Hunter
i've accidently "poked" :) someone with my blades and i've actually held people "at bay" with my hands out like back the f*** up. or if they try to man handle the suit i turn to them and i yell at them don't do that.....that usually shocks them into whoa ok he means it.

i mean it's not like your wearing a teletubby suit...

Robillicus

Hunter
I get a lot of ****, and I don't even own a costume. Usually, if I can describe the creative process to people they get it, and are like "oh, wow... ok I get it now." But, for the most part I get taunted, made fun of- you know, the whole gammut.

For the most part, I find it impossible to explain to people about being driven to do something. They don't know, or aren't really passionate about anything. I can spend all day explaining to, say, a business major about what I want to do/what I do. He'll usually lose interest within the first five-minutes of my explaination because he can't see the "logic" or rationale behind it. He doesn't understand what it's like to be compelled creatively beyond your limits.

Sometimes it's easy to talk to other artists/illustrators, and flim students at school because the majority get it. I used to get poked fun of at school because I'm a huge fan of the Predator, and he's primarily the subject of my drawings. Once I explained it all to them, they were understanding and told a story that related in some way.

So, in summary, some people get it and some don't. Sometimes the ones that don't get it lash out in disrespectful and hateful ways. What can you do? Life's full of pricks and assholes. You can sink down to their level, but instead I just sit quietly and take it. Because one day, all of the hurtful and hateful comments are going to pay off - by either actually making a suit (which I really want to do now) or pushing me to start submitting drawings to companies and such. We shall see.

On a sidenote, I'm surprised anyone gives you ****, Scott. I wouldn't because I'd be afraid you'd throw me through the wall or some ****.

:)

munson

Hunter
i've accidently "poked" :) someone with my blades and i've actually held people "at bay" with my hands out like back the f*** up. or if they try to man handle the suit i turn to them and i yell at them don't do that.....that usually shocks them into whoa ok he means it.

i mean it's not like your wearing a teletubby suit...

"i mean it's not like your wearing a teletubby suit..."

rofl!

I could just imagine what someone would think..."oh sh^&!"

I just saw it in my head....you quickly turn around, grab him by the throat and bring his face to yours very slowly so that your mere inches apart and then say "don't f@&! with me!"

kithunter

Elite Hunter
kids are a whole other subject,
posing and posturing for kids in photos you want to be less intimidating...i try to get eye to eye with them and open hand so they don't freak out and have nightmares... :)

vegeta1893

Blooded
I have had a few dread tugs in the past and have yet to see any other rude behavior towards me while in my suit. Most of the time I try and get a stout family member or good friend to walk with me to be my 2nd pair of eyes, ears, and added muscle. My suit has been through several cons with the family and I can tell you I can't do it without them and their continued support. I can't tell you how much I've spent on suits in the past and I'm still doing armor upgrades with the wife rolling her eyes at the next piece I plan on purchasing relatively soon.

Bovine13

Hunter
Some random guy came up and asked us if he could dance in front of us. We said yes and he started dancing...then I choked the **** outta him. :)

Ei luj

Hunter
kids are a whole other subject,
posing and posturing for kids in photos you want to be less intimidating...i try to get eye to eye with them and open hand so they don't freak out and have nightmares...
Kithunter,

I only scared one kid this year, it was at Sideshow. His mom had him in her arms and wanted both their pix with the Predator pack... he started whimpering :0

Any other time if they looked reluctant, I kinda bent down and waved at them and made the 'come over here' wiggle with my fingers, then they relaxed and came over.

I guess not wearing the heavy battle armor helped :)

---
Ei'luj

tusky

Hunter
When i used to suit up i got all sorts of ****, i agree Scott /Kit you have to tell them to back the truck up!
Most of the time it was OMG and awe at what i had presented them aka costume.
Drunks are the ^%$&in worst. :p
As for Kids, drop down to their level and play nice.
That can be the most rewarding part of the whole suit wearing experiance. o_O

ya the vids are what got me to the lair. I watch them all the time. i went phone shopping with my wife yesterday and they had a iphone you could try out so as i was waiting i watched predator invasion lol. like i said non stop. I think HDogg is doing the video this year. i cant wait till im in the 2011 video
me too! :p

I get a lot of ****, and I don't even own a costume. Usually, if I can describe the creative process to people they get it, and are like "oh, wow... ok I get it now." But, for the most part I get taunted, made fun of- you know, the whole gammut.

For the most part, I find it impossible to explain to people about being driven to do something. They don't know, or aren't really passionate about anything. I can spend all day explaining to, say, a business major about what I want to do/what I do. He'll usually lose interest within the first five-minutes of my explaination because he can't see the "logic" or rationale behind it. He doesn't understand what it's like to be compelled creatively beyond your limits.

Sometimes it's easy to talk to other artists/illustrators, and flim students at school because the majority get it. I used to get poked fun of at school because I'm a huge fan of the Predator, and he's primarily the subject of my drawings. Once I explained it all to them, they were understanding and told a story that related in some way.

So, in summary, some people get it and some don't. Sometimes the ones that don't get it lash out in disrespectful and hateful ways. What can you do? Life's full of pricks and assholes. You can sink down to their level, but instead I just sit quietly and take it. Because one day, all of the hurtful and hateful comments are going to pay off - by either actually making a suit (which I really want to do now) or pushing me to start submitting drawings to companies and such. We shall see.

On a sidenote, I'm surprised anyone gives you ****, Scott. I wouldn't because I'd be afraid you'd throw me through the wall or some ****.

:p
I think I get what you mean, Robillicus. I got this quite a bit for a Batman (Alex Ross style) suit I made for a school video report and during one of the clubs at school (film club btw). "People were like didja buy ur suit? 'Cuz I want one!" That sorta made me a lil pissed off. People like that don't seem to even think for a millisecond and wonder "hey, this guy made it, not buy it." People at high school now a days get so damn conceited and obnoxious to a point that they think that they can go up to someone dressed up in a suit and pull all sorts of pranks. Damn idiots ruined my fun. Man, Lotsa girls were all like "OMG! Batman! Can i have a picture?" Thank God for my senior class friends and high school security who were around told those "popular" guys to !@#$ off.

munson

Hunter
I think I get what you mean, Robillicus. I got this quite a bit for a Batman (Alex Ross style) suit I made for a school video report and during one of the clubs at school (film club btw). "People were like didja buy ur suit? 'Cuz I want one!" That sorta made me a lil pissed off. People like that don't seem to even think for a millisecond and wonder "hey, this guy made it, not buy it." People at high school now a days get so damn conceited and obnoxious to a point that they think that they can go up to someone dressed up in a suit and pull all sorts of pranks. Damn idiots ruined my fun. Man, Lotsa girls were all like "OMG! Batman! Can i have a picture?" Thank God for my senior class friends and high school security who were around told those "popular" guys to !@#$ off.
That sucks that they ruined your fun. I never suited up and am in the process of my first suit, but I could imagine how pissed I'd get if someone would try to ruin what I spent months on and a load of $$$ and time on. I think I'd snap if someone pulled that crap with me.

That sucks that they ruined your fun. I never suited up and am in the process of my first suit, but I could imagine how pissed I'd get if someone would try to ruin what I spent months on and a load of $$$ and time on. I think I'd snap if someone pulled that crap with me.
Well that ain't happening again for sure this year's club week. Haha my girl and I already thot of something fun for LEXIS club (it's like a club where members can write stories and fan stories of stuff). She's gonna be a Mandolorian and I'm gonna be a Pred and we'll stage a fight! XD anyway, I made my first sig! how do i add it?

Dracon

Blooded
:) The videos are amazing, the suits are awesome. The videos are how I found this forum and made me join! You all have phenomenally talent & skills; everyone not just from the videos! Hope to see more videos of different cons in the future. :eek: