The Mask Cooler New Design

Already bougth trousers which gave such a relief. In the Netherlands you can buy clothing for pro cyclers. Same thing, same relief. Perfect if you are wearing a SW kit, TK- or TX-kit.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
The mask cooler worked like a charm. Not one drop of sweet or condensation touched my brow or face. I wore the suit for 4 hours last night. I did not take my mask off for two hours and was fine. Only one bad thing about it is hearing over the fan noise coming from the tubes. I had to shut the cooler off every time someone had to talk to me. But that something well worth the price of no having to keep taking the mask off.

roundhammer

Hunter
I wish there was some way you could describe just how noisey it was, this looks like a good idea, but I'm worried I'll be walking around sounding like a blender.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
The people can't hear it. The fan is really quite but since its connected to the tubes by my ears it like a stethoscope. It amps the sound of the fan.

MisserCraig

Blooded
The people can't hear it. The fan is really quite but since its connected to the tubes by my ears it like a stethoscope. It amps the sound of the fan.
as for fans, have you guys seen those fans that look like iPods for around 3-4 dollars at wal-mart? they are similar to the sumo suit fans as they blow air out the top, but they're shaped a bit differently. however, they seem like they might do the trick without having to buy a full halloween costume...

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
as for fans, have you guys seen those fans that look like iPods for around 3-4 dollars at wal-mart? they are similar to the sumo suit fans as they blow air out the top, but they're shaped a bit differently. however, they seem like they might do the trick without having to buy a full halloween costume...
Wow looks like you didn't read the first page where I already posted that info.

CalPred1

Blooded
I bought one of those iPod-looking fans at Walmart. It's quiet enough that it would be okay in a noisy club environment, but loud enough that people would hear it if you're out on the street. I haven't heard the sumo costume one, so I don't know if it's louder or quieter than the iPod-looking one, but the iPod one seemed a bit too loud, so I ended up not using it. Kinda wish I had though... I had to take off my bio several times to wipe the sweat off my face.

Oh, and by the way, unlike the sumo costume one, the iPod one does not have an on/off switch that can be mounted somewhere more easily accessible, e.g. on your belt. So if you want to turn it on and off, you have to touch the fan itself, unlike the sumo costume one that you can apparently unplug from the power source.

keefer

Hunter
what area or department in Walmart can one find this fan that looks like an Ipod???? I must get me one!!!!!!

CalPred1

Blooded
what area or department in Walmart can one find this fan that looks like an Ipod???? I must get me one!!!!!!
near the space heaters. I'd recommend against it though (see previous post) unless you plan on mounting the fan somewhere either on your belt or in your backpack and running a tube up to your bio. If you mount the fan up near your head, you'll have to reach up under your dreads to turn it off whenever you want to hear someone.

roundhammer

Hunter
Thanks Scott, that's description enough! Wish I had read this earlier, with Halloween just ending, all of the stores will have ditched their Halloween stuff. Oh well, I'm sure there are plenty of on-line stores that carry this.

On a related note, I've seen you describe how well this keeps you cool, but in my monsterroom mask, there is almost zero space between my skin and the foam filling, that stuff is all around me!
How will the air from that pump circulate? Is the inside of your mask different?

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
The mask I was using as well fit my head snug do to the foam. If the placement of the hose is close to the skin cut a channel in the foam to pass it to the front of the mask. I cut the hose tip at a 45o angle so it will let the air travel better.

fantazar

Blooded
Scott: It is possible to lengthen the tubes to the sides of your temples to dampen the unwanted Special FX created by the fan I guess.
Just a thought mate but great idea and I might implement it in my own mask.

Currently I have 2 x PS2 fans setup and running off a 9v battery.
Well, that didn't last too long and the amount of airflow was very minimal.
I've now bought a 9V RC battery so it'll last longer.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
You could bring the hoses out of the back pack not sure if it will cut the air flow down by making the length of hose longer. I can barely hear the fan when the mask is sitting on the mask stand when its on. The noise of people talking and atmosphere noise cancels out the sound if any from the fan. Plus the mp3 player covers over the sound as well. But its all up to you if you want to burn up and sweat in your mask or have a little noise most people might not hear any way.LOL