The Newt New pictures

• Thread starter The Mortal Immortal
  • Start date
T

The Mortal Immortal

Here is the suit for the Stan Winston Book signing. Now that I have more time, I can put the netting on and add some patina.
stan7.jpg

T

The Mortal Immortal

This suit is a one piece body suit. The back was left Lycra for air and if I get fatter it will still fit. The chest armor was reinforced with foam to stiffen and keep its shape. The armor is glue all onto the suit using Dap Weld wood except for the chest armor. The head is BB P2 with 50 dreads foam filled to fit. The gauntlets are latex P2 gaunts for easy wear and moveably. It is painted using FASKOLOR paints and perma-wet (No Pros-aide or Latex Base). FASKOLOR comes in 50 different colors and sticks like glue with out cracking. FASKOLOR is airbrush friendly and less clogging. I used Perma-Wet to add the sheen to give it that slimmy look.

R

Round Hammer

Holy smoke that looks awesome! May I ask roughly how much this FASCOLOR paint costs?

S

SeaHunterr

awesome P2 suit Scott, one of the best I've seen, I think Stan will be impressed!

T

The Mortal Immortal

The paint cost about 5.00 a 2oz bottle. I used very little paint to paint this suit, some of the bottles like the red I still have about 3/4 of the bottle left.

T

The Frosty

great job on the suit, there are a few of those paints on ebay, no uk sellers though.
Allways on the lookout for new paints

T

The Mortal Immortal

It will stay on just as long as using pros-aide or latex base. All the mixers I have used for bodys suit gets some small wear spot. The great thing is easy touch up. I was told to try it buy a few members, and I love it. Here is the link of where I bought it.

FASKOLOR

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JediUsurper

Frosty,

www.modelmaniacsonline.co...bCatID=273

I had used these paints a while ago,and still have many of the colours, the paint i believe is primary a model car lexan paint, which is flexible and scratch resistant, and as scott has showed paints bloody good on a pred also

T

The Mortal Immortal

Monster Room know his stuff, the paint is a must have and a a money saver.

C

carlart

It does seem like good stuff as far as cracking resistance. But, there doesn't seem to be too many colors to choose from, obvioiusly these paints were made for cars, etc. not predators. I like a softer edge on my paint--it looks too sharp, too vivid to come off looking like skin. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. I haven't had much experience with stuff like this. Just wish there was a flexible, water soluable, airbrushable paint out there.

I'm confused. Scott, you said you didn't use Pros Aid or a latex base a couple of posts back, and now you're saying you did? If so, what's the ratio of Pros Aid to paint or latex to paint?

carlart

T

The Mortal Immortal

I don't use pros-aide that much but it is 50/50 on it. Latex base I use 1oz of paint to 16oz of latex base and thin it down with distilled water to the thickness of milk. I use latex base for my base coat. I mix my own colors, you can make any color using the primary colors ( Red, Blue,and yellow using light and shades to darken or lighten). Light and shades are white and black for people that never took art class. But for this suit all I used was latex base for the base coat and the rest was FASKOLOR paints and Perma-Wet.

T

The Frosty

Thanks for the heads up on the paint link there bud, i will give them a go

R

Round Hammer

This is great news. Paint you don't have to add anything too.

Can the Fascolor paints be mixed with each other to make custom colors...or to lighten/darken an existing color?