The Predator (2018) Trailer

Discussion in 'General Predator Discussion' started by Wreav, May 10, 2018.

1. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

So we got to see lab-pred before he got stuck with cargo-pants :D

BrandonP1junkie likes this.
  2. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Probably woke up from some medically induced coma from its stasis pod.

LunaticNic likes this.
  3. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Thought about these screenshots, the one with the tank looks like there is Pred on it who fired at the tank.
    Essentially from what we have we can see the Mckenna from his mission (seeing as he is spec ops) possibly sent the bio mask to his his to avoid giving it in to the secret service... Son opens it and yeah... that's the kind of vibe i'm getting but none the less these screenies are interesting.

download (37).png

download (36).png

download (35).png

download (34).png

Shogun likes this.
  4. Tallon

Tallon Blooded

'They're attempting hybridization: with cargo pants.'

BrandonP1junkie likes this.
  5. NeoKazama

NeoKazama Hunter

No Wreav, The box was sent by Sgt. Gomez ( a soldier McKenna went to that mission with). You can read the Name Gomez as the sender on that box.

2222.jpg

Shogun likes this.
  6. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

NeoKazama I was made aware of this around thirty minutes after my initial post, all in all i'm excited for this movie. We still haven't seen a glimpse of the main villain or the experiments hopefully its something really cool. Another aspect that i'm interested in seeing is what Ken Barthelmey ended up doing for the movie and if his designs were used for one of the experiment creatures. Anyone else familiar with Ken's work?

Shogun likes this.
  7. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Blooded

I liked his work on Bright. I dont care for the Maze Runner franchise so never watched any. Be interested in seeing his creature work on this movie.

LunaticNic likes this.
  8. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Blooded

Bright is a rip-off of the rpg Shadowrun in my opinion and how nobody got sued is surprising.

9. BENSIN

BENSIN Hunter

This trailer matches right about line for line with the alleged leaked script, allegedly read by someone in a lawless place subject to no jurisdiction, who then allegedly relayed it to me in spoken word line for line in a dream and which I allegedly memorized.

Based on its faithfulness to the terrible script, which isn't even worth the paper it would be printed on, this movie is 100% a departure from Predator. Won't be seeing this and won't be supporting these entries which do nothing positive for the franchise and the iconic hunter. The trailer was difficult to watch and as soon as I saw the opening in the suburbs I knew I was going to witness a train wreck and that's what this movie is, no amount of re-shoots is going to save this thing. It doesn't matter how nice you wrap up a piece of shit, it's still a piece of shit. I'm willing to bet the "disgruntled science teacher" played by Munn is still a savvy gunslinger and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she has a hound as a pet in one way or another at the end. (None of these are spoilers, they have been mentioned in interviews.) The space craft being brought down the way it was in the trailer is beyond stupid, hybridization and "upgrading" makes no sense whatsoever.

If you want to save time and money, here's the movie in a nutshell:

SB_ThePredaturd.jpg

THE END.

Bonus interview with the creative lead behind the movie, you can tell he knows what he's talking about:

10. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

BuckeyeStalker he seemed fairly happy with what he worked on. Will be cool to see the concepts in due time.

BuckeyeStalker likes this.
  11. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Blooded

If they were to bring the White Hybrids into this movie... that'd at least be interesting

LunaticNic likes this.
  12. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

The what now?

Shogun likes this.
  13. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Blooded

The White Hybrids... Yautja that have been Hybridized with Xenos and Human DNA.

14. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Blooded

15. Guan Thwei

Guan Thwei Elite Hunter

I know it has been a while since I have been on here, but with all the latest craze the trailer has been having
    I finally take a look at the new trailer and I thought I would give my opinions on it as well.

16. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

BuckeyeStalker the white hybrid idea is pretty cool but I doubt we will get to see that in the movie. I would like to see a white hybrid suit someday though!

17. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Blooded

I think the closest we will get was the hybrid chest burster

18. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Oh thanks for showing me Buckeye!

And as unpopular as it is, here I am hating the comics again lol ... guess I'm just a purist or something XD

19. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Blooded

And I also agree that the White Hybrid would make an awesome cosplay. Pretty badass.

20. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Blooded

I lack the necessary skills to really make an awesome one, but I would wear it if someone made it...

21. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Blooded

22. NeoKazama

NeoKazama Hunter

23. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Blooded

I almost posted that same video earlier on here. Things are starting to look up for this movie. I still think there are members of this community that can produce much better looking costumes than what we have seen so far for this.

24. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Pretty sure we can make better stories too tbh... not sure what's looking up :/ but more power (and skulls) to you if you see it.
    I like this video from Mr. H better

Tallon likes this.
  25. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

We could make bettor movies (possibly) however, the Predator community is one of the hardest communities to please. Whatever it is, there will be debates arguments and rants on social media and forums about: what they do not like or what could have been better, or how nothing matched up with the 'non' canonical lore or the fact that no successor movie can compare to the first. In my opinion (I thought Predators was the best Predator film but that's just my opinion.) Opinions like this can cause huge uproars as there are many individuals quick to ask "how can you like Predators???" Predator (1987) was so much better (adding 5 paragraphs worth of content to prove your point).
    It's basically what happened to Star Wars post-2014, but then again the Star Wars community is much larger but you get the point.

I remember when there was hype about Covenant potentially being a good film. Went to the cinema screening 1 month before it went world wide and I thought it was the worst Alien franchise film in existence.

For this movie, well... i'm excited for it, not keen on listening to the naysayers as following the crowd is a bore. Whatever negative thing is said, set it aside, don't ponder on it and wait for the actual movie to come out. Disney now owns the franchise and the possibility of a sequel after this slim...