The Predator

LunaticNic

Hunter
With it bombing at the box office the way it is, I wonder if Disney will just sell off the Alien and Predator IP's once the merger goes through?

Also anyone care to figure out how this shit-show needed nearly 88mil in production?!? (Plus whatever marketing cost lol)

Screenshot_2018-09-18-01-26-52.png

TRI LASER

Hunter
With it bombing at the box office the way it is, I wonder if Disney will just sell off the Alien and Predator IP's once the merger goes through?

Also anyone care to figure out how this shit-show needed nearly 88mil in production?!? (Plus whatever marketing cost lol)

View attachment 270527
What i want to know is where did that 88 million go? AVPR and Predators cost less and had so much more going on in them. If it all went towards the CG upgrade predator then they were ripped off. o_O

DerekJR321

Unblooded
The movie was complete trash. It basically breaks down to the Predators have come to earth to steal.... Autism...

What... The.... Fuck...

I think a lot of people were excited for this movie because they hoped Shane Black would do it justice. Black took EVERYTHING good about the Predator and took a steaming dump on it.

The original had jokes and humor. But once the killing started the jokes stopped. There was fear and emotion in the characters. You felt for Mac when Blain was killed. You worried if they would make it to the extraction. With this movie?? You have a bunch of guys cracking jokes ALL THE TIME. And I'm sorry but the casting choices were HORRIBLE. The main guy (I forgot his name) is so absolutely boring to me. I could care less if he got killed. In fact, with the exception of Nebraska, I was HOPING they would all get killed. And don't get me started on Junior Rain Man. I just can't with this crap...

Here is what I hope. I hope Fox gives up the IP and a studio that REALLY cares about the Predator picks it up and makes a movie worth watching. I would love to see a Predator movie set during the Vietnam War.

But my biggest hope is that they stop emasculating the Predator. They've been doing it since Predator 2. Pred was running from Danny Glover. Come on! In AVP 1, Predators were being taken out by stupid aliens pretty easily. They looked weak (and way too bulky). Despite the stupid concept of Requiem, I actually liked the Predator in that. He didn't come off as weak. In Predators, the REAL Predator was a hostage that got killed quick by that GOD AWFUL "alpha". And then of course we have the shit show that is "Shane Black Wipes His Ass With The Predator". A 13 foot, autsitic dna collecting CGI crap fest. And as usual, the REAL Pred gets killed. In the first, Dutch got lucky and managed to kill the Predator. Otherwise, chances are Dutch would have died too. But in all the other movies, the Predators die easily. These guys are elite hunters! (NOT WORLD CONQUERORS WHO COLLECT DNA).

I'm sorry for the long post. I'm just angry. I'm angry at the treatment this character gets. I'm angry that the work Stan Winston's guys put into this character is being shit on with CGI. And I'm especially mad that Shane Black wanted to turn this into Iron Man 3.

Please someone make a good Predator film. Let's just wash out the AVPs, Predators and this latest abomination and start fresh.

Maybe we can all team up and write a screen play.

Derek

Last edited:

Shogun

Hunter
PredatorSpirit I do not think it will take that much time to make a reboot or create another video game ... I heard Shane wanted to do a mini series or another independant movie maker ... let'S stay positive shall we ;). In my honest opinion I thought the movie wasnt that bad at all .....at least the Lab scene, it was pretty realistic. But i must admit that putting a ''super predator'' was a terrible idea. Like they say in the movie industry ''Putting too much is too much''. What i would really LOVE to see is a Danny Glover or Arnold RETURN to this franchise...that would make it soooooooo credible and i am pretty sure REAL predator fans like us will love as well.... no?

LunaticNic

Hunter
I'm somewhat tired of people mentioning the "REAL" fans. We're all real fans, even the ones that enjoyed this shit-show of a movie. We just happen to have different ... tastes in what makes a good movie.

Franchises should be able to request restraining orders so that people like Fred Decker and Shane Black can't return to f*ck it over again. I'd be pissed if they were doing a mini-series.

Additionally, it's quite common to put a franchise on ice (or in the grave) after a lack-luster box-office performance. Predators came in 2010, and we had to wait 8 years for something new so 10 years sounds about right, after a fan-splitting movie that cost too much.

Personally I wouldnt mind waiting 20 years or not even seeing another Pred film in my life-time if that meant it came out to be a quality story/film.
And both Dany and Arnold are getting old. I would like to see Arnold return as a form of advisor, but don't have any desire to watch Predator vs. Grandpa lol

Shogun

Hunter
Personally I wouldnt mind waiting 20 years or not even seeing another Pred film in my life-time if that meant it came out to be a quality story/film.
And both Dany and Arnold are getting old. I would like to see Arnold return as a form of advisor, but don't have any desire to watch Predator vs. Grandpa lol
Wo Nic....... YOU are the grandpa.... :p (just kidding) But seriously what would you LOVE to see you LunaticNic as a movie .... instead of bashing like mad into the predator franchise :D ....I know people are very deceived about the recent movie and what it will become. I think you are exagerating when you say Predator VS Grandpa ...i am pretty 100% sure that a LOT of predator fans would love to see Arnold or Danny Glover even the woman in AVP do a come back.... ;) I mean ....she was pretty nice actually in AVP :D

LunaticNic

Hunter
I wasn't sold on Lex's performance in AvP either. Imo we need someone new that actually looks intimidating like Arnold used to. Depending on her acting skills I think Ronda Rousy might be a good fit if we went for a female protagonist.

And I'm sure there are scores of people who want to see Arnold take on another Predator, but if predators are truly after the best game on our planet I doubt a 71 year old guy is high on that list despite taking out a Predator some 30 years ago.

And I bash because I care lol

Personally I'd just like to see a Predator film that puts the creature back in the thriller/horror genre with portions of action. Aside from p1, p2, and AvP:R I'd say the Predators power/fear factor have been diminished in every other film (especially the most recent one). So yeah, I think all I really want is a good story, believably tough actors/actresses, a pred worthy of fear, and a good film-score ... is that too much to ask?!? XD

BENSIN

Hunter
PredatorSpirit I do not think it will take that much time to make a reboot or create another video game ... I heard Shane wanted to do a mini series or another independant movie maker ... let'S stay positive shall we ;). In my honest opinion I thought the movie wasnt that bad at all .....at least the Lab scene, it was pretty realistic. But i must admit that putting a ''super predator'' was a terrible idea. Like they say in the movie industry ''Putting too much is too much''. What i would really LOVE to see is a Danny Glover or Arnold RETURN to this franchise...that would make it soooooooo credible and i am pretty sure REAL predator fans like us will love as well.... no?
Just curious, how bad does a Predator franchise movie have to be in order for you to actually consider it bad? I'm convinced at this point that the trash-bag hacks in hollywood could release a Predator vs. My Little Pony and we'd have people still desperately clawing to find positives in it.

Arnold and Glover are old as hell and the window for taking advantage of having either one of their characters return has been closed and sealed for a long time now. Having one of them in a movie would actually deter me from seeing it because I know they're doing it just for some bogus homage to get people into the theater to watch their shitty movie.

On point of real fans/followers, I'm only a fan of the first two movies, everything else, particularly Predators and The Predator were absolute gutter trash in every single way imaginable. There's no word I can use or sound I can make to describe how awful those two movies are.

Shogun

Hunter
BENSIN ok ok I think you guys did not get my point with Glover and Arny..... i did not said that would have to act and run 10 thousands miles MY GOD! I just said that they should at least do an appearance in the next movie or movies so that it is more logical ..... as it was supposed to be ....wow :D

pelletta

Hunter
Ingredients:
Jurassic park - child with autism and computer nerd +
Armageddon (with Bruce Willis) - crazy people to save the situation +
Ghostbusters - evil dogs +
Ironman - the armor at the end +
Predator - a great character
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where is Chuck Norris???

LunaticNic

Hunter
This is the scene people are talking about? I've seen multiple people hold it up like it's a key moment redeeming the whole film ... liked the mandible movement but that's about it. Glad I didn't waste my money seeing it in theater's and instead am seeing more and more snippets on YouTube XD

how this crap ought to be watched.

Vebo1

Hunter
Well LunaticNic you didn't miss much . The more important question is why he didn't want Olivia Munn , she must have been hideous to him . The females on Yautja Prime must have been "smoke shows" lmao.