The 'Predatorium's' weird trend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Talk' started by Wreav, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

I have noticed something... which is somewhat true. Since I started out this year I have noticed that a majority of the individuals who were new bloods such as me have disappeared out of the blue. In my mind I noticed this weird trend it's like they come in do their thing 'Hurrah' make some progress then 'Leave.' o_O I see like 1 in 10 new bloods actually stay throughout the duration of 3+ months. I find it weird. If anyone want's to show their stuff, everyone is happy to help.

Just wanted to let this out, because I met some nice people on here who are now disappeared and I couldn't even get their email or Facebook to check on their progress :/... sad...

I'm online for the majority of the day and I always see the same faces. Which is really nice...
    :/ but meh.. I don't know.. things just happen

Scar and LunaticNic like this.
  2. Tatooineboy

Tatooineboy Unblooded

I think a lot of people- myself included- stop by this forum to browse through WIP and sale threads every so often. Others might stop by on a frequent basis until their suit is finished, then leave because the forum served it's purpose for them; gather as much information as possible to complete your suit.

Is it 'bad'? No, not necessarily. The forum provides a resource for those seeking information about the costume building process and without out, most of us would be lost :)

YautjaKShai likes this.
  3. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Some never finish a costume some just leave out of the blue D:. But that's up to them really. I tend to miss people who I get along with and there were a good couple of people who started out during or after I did. Yes agreed on the point that this forum is a good source but ;-; still miss the people who leave... Especially when they are so supportive and nice and seeking answers from individuals on the site... Meh... I need to hug my wolf mask.

YautjaKShai likes this.
  4. Tatooineboy

Tatooineboy Unblooded

I just hugged mine for you, too :)

Wreav likes this.
  5. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Thanks buddy! But really :/ there were some nice people... I couldn't even get a facebook add from them or anything.. It's like they come into the life of Predators and disappear D:

YautjaKShai likes this.
  6. Tatooineboy

Tatooineboy Unblooded

Well, Predators are known for cloaking themselves!

YautjaKShai and LunaticNic like this.
  7. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Cloaking you say, hopefully they reappear sometime soon. Me being the way I am I tend to miss people who I'm use to seeing online when they aren't online. Haha :)

8. Val Verde

Val Verde Unblooded

Guilty

9. predtrooper

predtrooper Blooded

Sometimes real life just gets in the way and stops you doing the fun stuff

10. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

And then of course there are always the lurkers :)

YautjaKShai and Wreav like this.
  11. seeker347

seeker347 Unblooded

I hear ya man I first came across this website when I was 17 and poked around to see how I could make a costume after seeing that I didn't have near enough skill to make what I wanted so dropped it until one day I went to comic con and saw a vendor stand there covered with predator stuff I got the guys card asked him if he could build me something and ever since I have been hooked deeper than I was before and I am going on to be 23 I love this site you tend to fit in nice and for the most part people are super friendly weather you bought your suit built your suit or your an elder or a newbie.

LunaticNic and Wreav like this.
  12. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Agreed, I for one love seeing new members who don't know a thing about casting and so on. This forum has a wealth of knowledge that can be dug up, if searched correctly. One point I would also point out is that when individuals come here to acquire a suit (which in most cases are extremely hard to acquire) it somewhat drains the fun out of creating you're own suit or painting or constructing your own suit in anyway possible. But despite that truth, i'm sure this place will have a great community once again when the next film arises. I for one try my best to interact with the newer individuals who send me messages.

Grim likes this.
  13. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Then there's the weird trend Version 2.0 where the site just goes dead for a few days :/

14. Scar

Scar Unblooded

So.... Yeah........ How bout that weather?....

15. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Not much going on here in GA lol 65 degrees XD

Scar likes this.
  16. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

Merry Christmas The only disappointment this Christmas is Neca....the new jungle hunter was supposed to ship last week, now it won't ship until February, guess my Valentine's Day will be better

Wreav and LunaticNic like this.
  17. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

;-; at least you can get these things they don't seem to deliver to the UK.

City90pet likes this.
  18. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

Really???? That's crazy that you guys over there can't get them:( try Amazon! We have a lot of specialty shops here that sell collectables, or if you have a toys r us they have lots of predator figures on their website!

Wreav likes this.
  19. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

City90pet likes this.
  20. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Well glad you scored that Wreav! :)

Wreav likes this.
  21. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

The cat woman is beautiful! And it's only 150$, which means for the amount of detail it's completely worth it! I'm really exited for you!!

Wreav likes this.
  22. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

23. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

Wonder Woman has always been my favorite!! Shes super pretty in this statue! And yes....the city hunter maquette, my heart skips a beat every time I see it. Unfortunately he's sold out:cry:. And getting it on the secondary market will cost double, if it's anything like the jungle hunter maquette, that is now triple what it origionally cost(last time I checked) and if I spent that much....a life size prop is what I would get:love:

Wreav likes this.
  24. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Wut it's sold out! D: Curses!

City90pet likes this.
  25. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

It's been sold out...:( one day I'll get the statue of my alien husband...;)-

Pyromaniac and Wreav like this.