The SERATII Plasma Cannon - Need Opinions !!!

N

NibsFlibble

This is something that was just thrown together over the last couple of days.

Meet ...... the Seratii Plasma Cannon. A completely original style, but follows along the lines of the AVP Cannon. It's 13" long, and right now only has a black primer paint coat.

The debate is:

(1) Should we sell it as a one-of-a-kind as is with the stand (once it's completely painted), or

(2) Do YOU think it's good enough to mold it?

I'm desperate for opinions on this. David made it to sell right away, but, I think it's good enough to wait and mold it.

What are your thoughts?

LOTS OF PICS !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Master Yoda 54

That looks great Deb, that thing looks like it fires out freakin ASTEROIDS!!! LOL. well, i hope i don't have one of those things pointed at me. Can you imagine getting pistol whiped with that?

*sorry Dave, MOLD IT, lol*

KEITH

S

Savage Yautja

I vote Mold that puppy up. Looks to good to just let go and find some hack recasting it in a few weeks. Very clean design. Got a pic of it with a ruler to get a better idea of it's scale? It looks shorter than 13". Maybe it's the cannon's girth.

P

pirkleations

Mark,

Here's a pic with a ruler. It actually measures 12.5". Deb was using a cloth ruler and missed by 1/2".

AVPcustomcannon_ruler.jpg

But really, does size matter?

Keith,

You didn't answer the question.

"One-off" or mold?

DangerDavey

S

Shataan

Wowzers. Cool cannon!!!! My vote it to sell it as a One Of A Kind.

addendum: I now say mold it. Just incase. Ebay 1 for buyer response.

T

The Big Gunns

I would say leave it as a one off until AVP2 comes out.. and then deceide. It may sell beter with the new movie out since its a custom cannon. Nice work!

~Mel

N

NibsFlibble

The problem is ..... if we sell it as a "one-of-a-kind", we will not be able to make a duplicate of it, as we will never be able to get the exact same materials to use again.

That's why I had the questions, 'sell it now', or 'sell it AFTER we make a mold'

T

The Big Gunns

If you are gonna go through the molding process.. may as well sell mulitple copies!

D

drgnfyre4

Make the mold. I think you can clean up some of your blends a bit better near the connon front but other than that I say clay it up for undercuts and make a mold. Am I wrong in thinking I see parts from an R2 unit on that piece?

N

NibsFlibble

Nope! No R2D2's were harmed in the making of this cannon ......

Try another guess?

J

JediUsurper

thats been stolen ........

off one of them AT AT things from starwars The empire strikes back

run luke ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

D

drgnfyre4

OK I know you know what you used best but I swear to god that two of the detail bits on the back round area of the cannon are identical to the inset pieces that I have off an old 1979 MPC snap together R2 D2 kit near the bottom base of R2s body cylinder. I only recognize them because I took the pieces and made molds so I could have detail bits for kit bashing. Are you SURE that you didnt have R2 bits laying around?

P

philmar1962

Guys, I think you should mold it. Looks great and a really unique design. I vote you did an awesome job again!!!

B

blk n blu dream

I really like it. Slap on some LEDs, and that thing would own!

P

pirkleations

Mike,

You are not going crazy.(Yet)

The two small pieces on the "turbine" of the cannon are indeed parts off a Star Wars R2 droid. I totally spaced on their origin. I had just pulled them out of a a tiny texture parts box without even recognizing them.

But it could have been an R5-D4, and not poor R2-D2!!!

DangerDavey

R

Round Hammer

I say mold it, it's always good to have some custom cannons around.