The Topknot Build. New photos of torso life cast build. 05/07/2015

wonko said:
Every time I look at this I think it can't get any better.  Then you post an update and prove me wrong.  I can not wait to see the animatronic rig in this thing.  Keep going Jeff, it's getting better all the time!

Brian
Thanks Brian
 

ZombiXenoHunter

Young Blood
Waiting patiently for the end result :D. Do you have any concept drawings of the completed build you could share with us? Or is it just taking shape as you go?
 
ZombiXenoHunter said:
Waiting patiently for the end result :D. Do you have any concept drawings of the completed build you could share with us? Or is it just taking shape as you go?
No I don't really have a concept drawing. I'm hoping it falls together and looks good as a whole. We shall see.
 
I finally completed the top of the head. I've been saving this bone far the right time and I guess that was now. Let me now what ya'll think. I wanted him to look as mean as possible. I always thought some of those concepts in the Winston book with all the piercings were cool.
001_zpsd2365236.jpg

002_zps56723fe0.jpg

004_zpsef0ccbe9.jpg

006_zps395c97f2.jpg

007_zps27668bc1.jpg

008_zps22901bec.jpg

009_zps410ec65f.jpg

010_zpsa903fa73.jpg

011_zps289a5059.jpg

012_zpse5d888f9.jpg


Thanks for looking.
 

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
I love it bud and your progress pics are so awesome and fun to look through.  Great sculpting and awesome attention to detail.

Regarding the bone over the eye....hmmm, not sure of the placement there where you've put it.  Looks like it's right over the eye - unless there's some history or artwork for that placement that I don't know about, and it's absolutely possible - but instinctively when I look at the sculpt, I love the idea of the bone piercing but maybe it could be further to the side of the eyeball towards to the temple more?  Again, just a personal note and absolutely not to be taken as a criticism. :)

Your textures are really cool and the bone structure that's implied in your sculpt is really nice.  Love it all and looks like nothing is being left to chance on your sculpt.  Literally everything seems to be very well thought out and equally well executed.

Good luck with the rest bud. :)

David
 
DAVIDYR1 said:
I love it bud and your progress pics are so awesome and fun to look through.  Great sculpting and awesome attention to detail.

Regarding the bone over the eye....hmmm, not sure of the placement there where you've put it.  Looks like it's right over the eye - unless there's some history or artwork for that placement that I don't know about, and it's absolutely possible - but instinctively when I look at the sculpt, I love the idea of the bone piercing but maybe it could be further to the side of the eyeball towards to the temple more?  Again, just a personal note and absolutely not to be taken as a criticism. :)

Your textures are really cool and the bone structure that's implied in your sculpt is really nice.  Love it all and looks like nothing is being left to chance on your sculpt.  Literally everything seems to be very well thought out and equally well executed.

Good luck with the rest bud. :)

David
Hey David, I can't believe you are the only one who called me on that. I thought it was crazy but I kind of want Topknot to be a real tribal maniac. Thanks for checkin it out. I really like your work by the way.
 

troggs

Hunter
Love your work as always, but I think I have to agree with David regarding the placement of the bone. Seems to me it would just get in the way of his eyeline?
Just my thoughts, no criticism at all, I really like the way you've done the rest of the head, he's one mean looking animal.
 
My thought was that he is so cocky and badass that he wants his prey to believe they have some sort of advantage with that bone infront of his eye. I have to leave it there just because it looks so ridiculous. 
 

troggs

Hunter
alphatech686 said:
My thought was that he is so cocky and badass that he wants his prey to believe they have some sort of advantage with that bone infront of his eye. I have to leave it there just because it looks so ridiculous. 

Can't argue with that - he definitely looks cocky
 

HAL1138

Hunter
My thought was that he is so cocky and badass that he wants his prey to believe they have some sort of advantage with that bone infront of his eye. I have to leave it there just because it looks so ridiculous.
LOL!!! I love the pouty rebel in you!!! It is an odd placement, however perhaps he is SOOOOO good at the hunt that he purposely obstructed his vision to give his prey a sporting chance.

You know.... cuz he's such a generous and caring guy.... right before he eats your face off.
 
HAL1138 said:
LOL!!! I love the pouty rebel in you!!! It is an odd placement, however perhaps he is SOOOOO good at the hunt that he purposely obstructed his vision to give his prey a sporting chance.

You know.... cuz he's such a generous and caring guy.... right before he eats your face off.
Thank you! I'm going with that, he's giving them a chance cuz he is a caring guy.
 

munson

Hunter
I honestly think that this would've been a more acceptable "Berzerker" compared to what we saw in the movie.  Keep up the great work!
 
Top