The Ultimate Hunter Collection Pic Added 1/17!!!

K

kithunter

The TRIP:
Took a trip today to the northern hills of Orange county, invited by Larry Kidd to come and check out his collection of pieces and props from various films.

I saw from his site he was an awesome kit builder and his skills are insane in detailing. really beautiful work, award winning for some of his kits.
I was excited to head up and bring some of my predator stuff for him to see and give me some feedback and ideas on.

THE COLLECTION:
I stepped into the most incredible collection you could Imagine,
THE Original pieces of steve wang the ones that we float around and use as ref ...HE HAS THEM

Screen used pieces from predator 2 and never before seen items that for a predator fan would melt your brain.

ALien Queens, ALien Warriors, Full size Endos. it was awsome hanging out with someone who is just as nuts about this stuff as i am.
I took a few awesome pics i'll get them posted ASAP, but as usual they don't do it justice. Plus it will give an excuse for heading back up there

I wanted to thank larry and his family for opening their home to me and showing me a great time. the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

I'll get those pics posted soon
but if you can't wait check out just some of his works and collection.
The following images are from the personal collection of larry kid.

The PREDATORS:
Speechless
The Net gun(thanks Larry

The Kits

Xenomorphus Rex iwanted to see that thing so bad, it's the baddest

The Warrior and Queen:
AWESOME !!!!

I don't want to post all of the pics, just enough to drive YOU crazy.

thanks again larry
see ya next week

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hangar18Studios

Orange County?????
What's up with that? Where?
Let's all hook up and have a coffee or something.
Scott

H

Hangar18Studios

GK,
E-mail me! Hanger18@ptd.net. I know your area intimately, I delivered fuel oil there for 8 years. I grew up in Monroe, and I work right by 5 corners in New Windsor. We should make plans and I can give you a tour of the shop and studio.
Scott

K

kithunter

scott
I knew i was in your neck of the woods. literally. I would so ready for another tour for the studio and shop.

H

Hangar18Studios

Sorry Andrew, your not invited!

Just kidding. Let me know anytime your free!
Scott

K

kithunter

soooooo funny scott... your lucky anybody wants to visit you up there in the northern hills of OC...

let's set something up before the holidays

W

WELL PAID KILLER

Jeeze... Now that is just to die for! Beautiful but yet ugly stuff everywhere! How I admire that incredible collection...

S

STEVE0671

WOW, fantastic Predator Head, I'd love one of those big time!
That's got to be the best I've seen!

K

kithunter

IT doesn't get much better than steve wang. i tried downloading the images i took, but image resoultion needs to be reduced. here are just a few again big thanks to larry for being kool about inviting me up

OK, here is a taste of what i was witness to... does anyone need to know who made this??
Here it is the one
if you check the cover of fangoria issue # 37 i believe (i lost my copy DAMN!!!) you will see this piece

Here is a close up of larrys' work. What can you say about that level of detail that he puts into his work, here is a person who knows what a hunter should look like

SWEEEEETTTTT!!!! Man this whole room was full of hunters and killers. I have this image on my desktop along with the wang pieces. Larry I would like to line up all your pred model kits and take a good pic of them but i lost count after 20...sorry....

Would you hang out here ALL your life this was the left side of room

This was the right side . The images of the Wang predators I'm compositing into one image. I doesn't get much better than this.

W

WELL PAID KILLER

That is just so unbelievably mindblowing!!!!!!! Not sure whether to laugh or cry...

K

kithunter

I know doesn't it just blow your mind!!!! I left there I couldn't believe all the things i had seen and to just talk about them and the history made it the most awseome experience.
To top it off the guy is the nicest person. Next time i'll take you up on the chicken wings.

Andy

M

Mr Fett

Man, the detail of all the veins inside the mouth area alone makes me weep with joy, not even mentioning the paint job! That is some of the best paint work I've ever seen on a mask!

F

frank thing

Its not just a mask its a whole 5ft pred 2 kit (the one next to the queen).

Great work Larry .

G

gk asylum

Thanks alot guys.
Glad you're all enjoying this stuff!
Andrew,You got mail Bro....
Larry

M

MiSTRFiNGA

WoW Didnt realize they were kits you sell. Do you sell them as "kits" or only completed? Also do you have size and price on those 2 pieces, or does price vary? May I request a price quote sent to me at MiSTRFiNGA@MiSTRFiNGA.com ? Thanks!

F

frank thing

That top half pred 1 torso is a 4ft predator 1 vinyl kit. Same as the 5ft pred 2 kit.

All great items but can be a bit costly with the old $'s and £'s.

But at the end of the day its Predator

K

kithunter

Those thai kits are nice and hell yeah they run $$. I think LK also did some resculpting on the face, to make it more accurate.

Andrew

G

gk asylum

The torso is a pretty big solid resin piece.
It's the top half of a kit produced in Thailand.
I didn't get around to doing the bottom half yet!!
Looks cool as a bust though.Like Frank said it's about
4ft tall with the legs.
The other one is the "Big Time"kit. 1/3 scale.
About 25inches tall.
Yeah, I did alot of resculpting on head of the 5ft Pred2 kit.
That's from Thailand as well and is solid resin. About 200lbs!
That full face pic that Andrew posted looks Terrible!!
Sorry but I don't sell anything. Check Gremlynz if you're
looking to buy one of those kits.I think they make them in fiberglass now and are probably not as good as the originals.
Still cool though!
Larry

K

kithunter

terrible!!!?? your kidding right? I think it looks great, I removed it, but i 've also got this image.