Thinking of making a P2 spear out of PVC--need good pics...

• Thread starter Morgul Lord of Angmar
  • Start date
H

Halo Predator

Barrett,

If you're going DIY, checkout this post:

Spear Pics

If my dusty old memory serves, copper tubing was used for the extended version...

Hope this helps...somehow.

Stay safe and good luck.

Tim.

M

Morgul Lord of Angmar

oh, good lookout, Tim. Thanks for the link. However, I want to make mine as an open spear, not a closed one. Can you email me a couple of good pics of the open spear to nineoftheonering@yahoo.com?

Thanks.

H

Halo Predator

Barrett,

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the extended spear. I did awhiles back, ICONs mod I think, but when my old comp crashed, I lost everything...

Maybe, someone else around can help you out...Good luck!

Stay safe.

Tim.

H

Hunterpred210

Yea i love the combi stick...i would like to devise a way to make a working exstending spear. i really dont know how to go about it..i guess ill just make one already exstended

B

Blocker1

MR is doing the spear, so maybe you could wait and if you wanted an open spear you could modify that piece.

I built one years ago from the Icons molds. My partner and I extended the piece and now it resides in phillipies collection, or he was at least restoring that spear for someone else.

I have a mold on the spear and hope to make a custom spear sometime, they are just a beast to cast!

Paul

sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com

W

WOLFMORGANFX

I started planning one a while back, & had the working pnumatics diagramed out, but all my info is on my old harddrive I've trying to salvage... I have a huge file of closeup pics from Philips, not sure if they are the same ones Kit posted... PVC or copper pipe should work fine, just have to sculpt & cast a centerpiece & the individual tips...

Wolf

K

kithunter

I think the weight of using nothing but copper pipes would be prohibitive to using the spear to walk around with, think about it for a sec about (12) 5'-6' copper pipes would weigh easliy about 30-40 lbs

I think if you painted the PVC black and weathered it with copper it would be just as effective

M

Morgul Lord of Angmar

Yeah, Andrew, I smell what you're steppin' in.

I think I'll go with the PVC. I'll probably just sculpt and mold the spear tips for it, using the PVC as a guide.

M

Morgul Lord of Angmar

Are all the spear tips pretty much the same?

P

predator314

Please backup or burn a photoCD of pics so we don't loose more reference pics. Got some cool ones here myself to burn including a shot of the skull mask not yet posted on this site to my knowledge. Great detail! keep the pics coming!

W

WOLFMORGANFX

I just posted up my archive of over 60 spear pics, check it out! Links are in the 2 spear threads...
I'll have a permenent Pred reference archive uploaded soon...

Wolf

Y

yautja clone

I just purchased some PVC pipe over the weekend and started my spear. My idea of using an umbrella to extend the spear will work but its limited. I now have a new idea I'm going to test out tomorrow night and I think everyone will be happy with the results. I racked my brains all day to figure out something and its time to test it. Just a teaser,but I'LL keep ya posted.

Ron

Yautja Clone :.
"Want Some Candy" ?

K

kithunter

Ron

I hope it works out, man I've put my spear on hold until i can find an inexpensive way of making it extend and collapse easily,
you have my full attention on this project