Topknot's Functional Face. Videos And Photos

I had run some of this before but I never put up any video with the skin on so here it is.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/alphapredator686/?action=view&current=274.mp4

Here it is without the skin.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/alphapredator686/?action=view&current=006-2.flv

Here are a few pics of the build.
018.jpg

002-4.jpg

006-1.jpg

These next two show the cable movement. This is an old cordless screwdriver with a lever added to it and a couple of limit switches.
011-2.jpg

010-5.jpg

003-3.jpg
007.jpg
You can see the cooling fan mounted in the back.
004-3.jpg
This is the welders helmet harness I always use.
005-3.jpg

And finally the fitting.
008-2.jpg

ThePriest

Blooded
impressive my friend i like the way you just wanted to keep it simple !!!! nothing fancy right? we have to get together when you get this done . well done and as always i salute you!!!

ThePriest

Blooded
Well Jeff, Now when you are working on your suit just hit play and know all of us are singing along with your New theme song !!! AWESOME WORK ! Don't stop, your almost there.

ptgreek

Elite Hunter
Whoa ..this is way better then the Ronime thread ... This is fantastic. Great movement and very nice and smooth ....the rig is solid ..once those mandibles are glued down there will be no bounce ..something i havent seen in most home builds.

eaglewood

Hunter
I put the video up there tongue in cheek. Jeff does some fantastic work. His engineering skills are --well  "topnotch"!!!!! His attention to detail and creative design blow me away.

PTGreek you are right I can't quite figure how to get that little bounce out of it. I will get it but it is driving me a little crazy. The reason for the 2009 photos is because I am a slow loser and I have been working on other things. You think that is bad, I sculpted that mask 15 years ago. It sat there in clay for a couple years while I went through a divorce and ran wild for a while. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

ThePriest

Blooded
What are you talking about that should be the lairs theme song !!!!! LOL awesome work there my friend (hey can i have on too!)

UnitedHerps

Young Blood
just saw the clip!!!  looks awesome.....only thing is that it makes that mechanical sound.  but the movement is perfect!!!!

Pitoon

UnitedHerps

Young Blood
you've inspired me to start working with some mechanics aswell.  i'll post pics (if my idea works, lol)

Pitoon