Topknot's Gauntlet. Just Posted Many New Pics Of The Finished Piece To Finish Up This Thread. 06/02/

After a lunch break I got right back at it.

Here is the double switch set up. Since I use limit switches I have to have the lights
powered from a different source but I want them to come on when I power on the blades
so this is my solution. I did the same thing on the spear.
009-30_zpsc51e15ec.jpg

010-30_zpse00a8e1d.jpg

The arm that bridges the switches,
011-22_zps9f643879.jpg

012-27_zpsd718eeeb.jpg

013-25_zpsd981b874.jpg

014-22_zps23333ae1.jpg

The rest of these are the thumb switch. I ended up using a piece of very thin sheet metal. It works great.
015-17_zps42a6829b.jpg

016-19_zps32176452.jpg

017-15_zps7282df67.jpg

018-12_zpsa7190f15.jpg

The thumb of course will be sculpted a little longer to cover the switch. The toggle tip will be in the fingernail.
 All the fingers were going to be longer anyway as the original pred had very long fingers even for Kevin Peter Hall.
019-12_zps92463609.jpg

021-11_zpse5239cb5.jpg

022-9_zps8692b415.jpg

All comments are welcome, good or bad.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
outstanding, still loving the detail time and effort you are putting into this. way above and beyond any other gadgetry we've seen.

and it is gong to be EPIC.

BonzRus

Hunter
I am loving how this is turning out Jeff. You are an ispiration to many with this build...including me. So much ingenuity and creativity helps others to push the envelope so thanks for sharing. it looks like you are almost done with this one.

Steve

BonzRus

Hunter
Looks fabulous Jeff! Way to blend the switches in...you can't even tell where to turn it on and I love the addition of the LED's. Very motivational.

Steve

Got most  of the weathering done yesterday. It is getting very close now. I hope to have the completion video
up tomorrow. 
Here's my work space. Very neat huh.
012-27_zpsfa096f9f.jpg

I just liked this shot.
011-22_zps2c99b9fa.jpg

Here you can see the olive drab I washed it with. I like a little of the jungle being on it.
010-30_zps201973e6.jpg

009-30_zps92b20cf6.jpg

007-29_zpsc4956438.jpg

005-31_zps5aa45e1a.jpg

006-30_zps5a8500f9.jpg

and finally the blades
003-39_zps9e5f1290.jpg

002-38_zps70123963.jpg

made007

Elite Hunter
If your victim dont die with the blade stab...... They die from infection.....LOL with the rust :)

The weathering is crazy

ThePriest

Blooded
sorry i have been hard at work sculpting to not see this until now (WWWWOOOOOOAAAAAHHHH) that is all i have to say. thank you for your time sir.

Hey Steve thanks for asking. I've been visiting family in Iowa since the 6th. I am hoping to finish things up today. We will see.

BonzRus

Hunter
Whew!! I was starting to worry that I might never get to see topknot finished.... :D  Seriously though, I am just glad you are OK and that all is well. I have missed your updates. They help motivate me.

Steve

Steve, I was waiting for a part for the wiring harness anyway. It is here now. I ordered a little 6 wire quick disconnect. I think I mentioned it above. Since the thumb switch will be mounted in the glove I needed to be able to disconnect it and Radio (crapping) Shack didn't have anything I could use. I'm off to the gym then back for some soldering. 

wonko

Hunter
Once again Jeff, outstanding job.  Seeing all this has made me want to rethink my blade gauntlet...  

Brian

ThePriest

Blooded
Very Very impressive . Why do you live so far away !!! Ok here are some questions
1) does it slide on your arm  very much ?
2) how heavy is it really ?
3) i might have missed it , but how does it lock down together ?
That's all for now , so get your ass back to work on the legs, or hands ,or something !!!  or do i need to speak in spanish !!!!! LOL
talk to you soon my friend keep up the bad assery.

Hey the yard does need mowing. Ha.
1. it doesn't slide on my arm at all. I am going to snap it to the arm on the torso to keep it a little higher on my wrist. Oh I see what you mean. Yes it does ride 
down a bit on my wrist. I will fix that. If the snaps to the arm don't keep it up I made this shoulder strap thing for that extra giant and heavy gaunt I was going to use. It fastens to me under the costume and attaches to the gaunt to keep it riding high.
2. I haven't weighed it but I'm guessing a couple of pounds. The old 4 blader weighed 8 so this is lite compared to that.  
3. Check out the earlier post, it opens from the front and my hand slides in from the back . I will put a vid up on how that works. There is a pic of it open just above this .