Topknot's Quads. A Couple Of New Detailing New Photos . 06/26/2013

Here's the start of Topknot's quads. This is the duct tape dummy I did a couple of years ago now.
I think I did a Hunterial on it. 
002-38_zps6e7ce207.jpg

003-39_zps9837990d.jpg

Here's my bucket-o-clay. I am pretty happy to get back to some actual sculpting.
005-31_zpsd73c5c07.jpg

I started by heating up the clay in the microwave and rolling it out in 1/4 inch pieces.
004-36_zpscba15a4c.jpg

007-29_zps500cf188.jpg

This is all I got done as I actually had things do do today. I'll get a nice 1'4 inch layer and then start in on 
good stuff.
006-30_zps6e45338b.jpg

008-34_zpsbbbbe971.jpg

BonzRus

Hunter
Here we go....this is something I have been eagerly waiting for. I remember seeing the huntorial where you made the DTD legs. It looks like you painted something on them before starting to apply the clay. I don't remember that part from the huntorial. What is it?

Steve

Hey Steve, yea that is Smooth-on Shell  Shock. I had extra and brushed some on there. I would use a couple of coats of fiberglass resin in the future. I was not impressed with the shell-shock.

eaglewood

Hunter
alphatech686 said:
Hey Steve, yea that is Smooth-on Shell  Shock. I had extra and brushed some on there. I would use a couple of coats of fiberglass resin in the future. I was not impressed with the shell-shock.
I know what you mean-- I got a kit to try it out and dont like it at all. Ill find a place to use it up .
Looking good Jeff. Cant wait to see what comes out of that mind of yours.

I did this maquette of the thigh to get an idea of what I need to do. I wanted some musculature that was unusual. I really liked the forward sweep on the thighs of Patrick Tautapolis's 1998 Godzilla and since the pred seams to have a lot of reptile in his DNA I thought I would borrow the look. Keep in mind this is just a starting point I really don't know exactly where it will end up. It does look a little extreme but I figured his calves are pretty extreme so there ya go.
003-39_zpsb5c93603.jpg

001-35_zpsc50f3953.jpg

002-38_zps0fab48f8.jpg

004-36_zps1ab875a0.jpg

I had a really good afternoon. I forgot how much I enjoy pushing clay. I got a good rough in of the front of the quads.
001-35_zpsfb42d90a.jpg

002-38_zpsf01d2ae7.jpg

003-39_zps8c899f33.jpg

004-36_zps56f6f0b0.jpg

005-31_zpsc05dcf14.jpg

Got his glutes roughed in this morning. Got a blister on my thumb from trying to get to much done before I went to work.
004-36_zps8f137e25.jpg

003-39_zpsa8cfda6d.jpg

001-35_zps340ace0b.jpg

002-38_zpsaae747bd.jpg

ThePriest

Blooded
I love it but what i struggled with was the when i was making the feet the way i wanted them other stuff didn't match up to either fit or look good together. but if the rest of your suit fits i would continue slinging clay . If you have the muscles to put underneath that bad boy i say rock it out . or throw some of the suit on around it to see what it looks like also . but DAMN IT LOOKS BAD ASS THE WAY IT LOOKS NOW !!!

Only had an hour or so yesterday so I did some refining on the left side, I still need to build some hamstrings on him.
                                                                                                                              After
                                        Before
002-38_zpsa6a5bb1b.jpg
003-39_zps134dde59.jpg

BonzRus

Hunter
This is gonna be awesome! Jeff, did you fill the DTD legs with anything to stiffen them up prior to applying the shel shock?

Steve

Steve I filled them with an expandable hard foam. It seems like you aren't telling us something?
I originally put a coat of primer on the ducktape which as it turns out doesn't do a thing. I did however just
recently add about 5 inches of plaster to the top as I was going to make the pant go high waisted. That also
was unnecessary as I have decided to attach the pants to the shirt if that's what we are calling these pieces.
dummylower019.jpg

dummylower015.jpg

Hey Made007 Topknot just has naturally high testosterone level. Ha. I wanted his legs to be very strong looking, his upper body is not going to be as out of proportion. I am really thinking of big creatures like a T- rex or a Raptor that have smaller upper bodies compared to their legs. I have seen several animated figures that have over sized lower bodies and I really like the look. 

made007

Elite Hunter
Lol, Its looking great bro
I wanna see the muscle tissue on those legs already
Keep the updates coming
When you finish you have to do a video wearing them wirh the feet ;)

BonzRus

Hunter
Thanks Jeff, somehow I missed that detail. I thought you must have used something inside them. I am just thinking ahead. My brain is on overdrive right now planning for steps 10, 11 and 12 when I am working on step 3 so to speak. Everything is looking great and thanks again.

Steve

Had a good sculpting day today. Got the hamstrings roughed in and did some more smoothing on the front quads.

019-12_zps097669b6.jpg

020-13_zps803d9f1a.jpg

021-11_zpsb0fa2061.jpg

022-9_zpsd1068d32.jpg

023-6_zps06296bef.jpg

024-8_zps247e3100.jpg

Here are few with one of the feet. The side view is a little off since the foot is closer to the camera.

026-4_zps0a2fbf41.jpg

027-8_zpsc4ada4e6.jpg

029-7_zps51a2b27b.jpg

ThePriest

Blooded
Yeah man !! just back off the con circuit  LOL Seeing this makes me want to do a full blown body suit. !!! now enough typing and staring at them get back to work i need you at the future CONS MAN ! 
And that better not be dust on those feet !! LOL Just yanking ya you are like me no place to put them !!