Toronto Prop Party May 19th - BACK ON

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
I've always really enjoyed the various prop parties over the years and thought why not throw one here in Toronto?

Spring/Summer 07 sorta' thing.

I'm sure I can find a suitable location and comfy accomidations for those needing to spend the night in the city...so..You guys and gals know the drill...who'd be up for something like this.

I'm guessing a Saturday for the actual party with the preverbial Friday night dinner to get the blood pumping....

If not for the props and costumes....do it for the Canadian beer....

What Say You? :eek:

David

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
If you were out here in Alberta, I'd be all over that, but alas - Toronto is too far for me to travel...

I'm sure you can get a few other Canucks to join you tho...

kithunter

Elite Hunter
I say any time to get together and put some faces behind the names is good thing...haven't seen to many prop gatherings in a while.

but damn david, toronto??? move out of the sticks bro....aye?

you should try to make it down to NYC for halloween if your schedule allows it.

Peace

Andrew

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
I say any time to get together and put some faces behind the names is good thing...haven't seen to many prop gatherings in a while.

but damn david, toronto??? move out of the sticks bro....aye?

you should try to make it down to NYC for halloween if your schedule allows it.
Peace

Andrew

Move out of the sticks?? Dont you mean igloo..aye?

As for NY...I might be displaying at the NYCC this month.....the organizers and I are in negotiations right now...NY could happen THIS month...we'll see...

But having said that...dude, love to have you up here for the party! Heck...as many Pred heads as possible for that matter!

What I can add is since making this announcement we've gotten some great feedback and good solid interest so we're bolting head with it. Looking into a good area to have it and making sure the date doesnt coincide with any other events. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Hope you can make it big guy!!!! It's hard to believe you and I have only met once and like what...3-4 years ago?????
Time to rekindle.... :eek:

David

kithunter

Elite Hunter
if i can i will,
now if your going to be at NY's comic con. i'm like 20 minutes from the city so we can surely hook up for some after show partying.

El dictator

Hunter
I am from Montreal , Qc . My & 4 friend of mine go to Polaris (T-TREK 21) in july with or predator costume & USCM armor . That will be super to have largest gang of predator ever seen in Canada

David

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
OK a little update here....

I found a conference room that should work really well. 1400 sq ft...tables and chairs too.
It's a hotel conference room on the main floor (YaY!) with a restaurant in there for those who get the munchies...or plenty of fast food right accross the street, walking distance. The Hotel is in Newmarket, just north of Richmond Hill and easy as ever to get to. Plenty of parking....and a nice area too.

We need to agree on a date...ASAP so I can book the room ASSUMING it's cool with everyone that there be a small fee. The room is $450.00 CDN for the day. At 10 people putting up displays that's $45.00 each...if there's more of us setting up displays...then it's even cheaper..

Also we can get a reduced rate for the rooms there for anyone needing a room for the night or longer if staying a few days.

I think the standard rooms are $129.00 CDN a night but they'd be offered to us for the Prop Party at $99.00 CDN instead.

So...do I have to keep looking for a location due to the fact that we'll have to divide the cost of the Prop room...or can we just move to deciding a date?

PLEASE SPEAK UP!!!....;)

If we're to decide on a date, the room is currently available for Saturday the 12th, 19th or 26th. I personally vote for the 26th but let's hear from the rest of you.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Yay...nay...:)

David

mumbaki

Hunter
another guy here in montreal in the process of finishing my predator maybe some montreallers can help me with my project!!!! im from dollard des ormeaux, maybe we can do a montreal get together hehehehehehe......good to know im not the only one here!!!!

mumbaki

El dictator

Hunter
Hey mumbaki :)

We are 4 guys from Montreal and Ottawa who's working on Pred costume! We are all members of Alliance Imperial. You can visit us and speak with us on our forum section USS Mc Donald (it's bilingue). This section is only for preds, aliens and marines of Quebec and Canada.

[URL="http://p067.ezboard.com/USS-MacDonald--Col...eimperialefrm23"]http://p067.ezboard.com/USS-MacDonald--Col...eimperialefrm23[/URL]

We are organizing an event to the cinema paramout in Montreal for AVP 2 with the Marines. We will be 4 A 5 Pred, 1 Bugs & 6-7 Marines

The imperial alliance are a group of cotumes & props fans of Star Wars, Stragate, USCM, gostbuster, and other sfi and horror. We do a lot of activities in Montreal. We meet once a month....

Come to see us if you want.

Dave :(

DAVIDYR1

Hunter
Update 3/6/2007
MAY 19th is the Prop Party Date. I've confirmed the room with the hotel.

I'm leaving the entire morning of the 19th for all those who want to set up and get their tables in order at that time. The Prop Party would officially start at 1:00PM. Of course, some will be setting up even later on in the day and that's totally fine too. Those who can do it earlier, no problem. Need to do it later....no problem either. I will be posting the hotel details for anyone needing a room in the next few days. When booking your rooms you'll have a password for the room discount too. More info to come, but the date is set!

I'm grateful for the people who've been responding to this thread and you guys are the reason I've decided to give this a shot this year!!!!

More info to come!

David