Torso Sculpture WIP pics. It's BIG..

D

DAVIDYR1

It's Big...It's Generic and you just might see it customized as a Hunter....

Water Clay sculpt...100lbs of clay...55inch chest...52inch stomach..
It is huge...
I do plan to customize it as a hunter as well...these are some of the progress pics.

sideclothlike.jpg

frontonflash.jpg

frombottomup.jpg

I'm going for that older look of someone who's real bulky but not as defined as he may have been in his younger years.

Should be fun to see him as some kind of 'elder' Hunter...

I hope you guys dig it..

David

T

The Big Gunns

Holy Moly!

Im glad you are sculpting him a little different.. always nice to see something new.
~Mel

D

DAVIDYR1

that dudes got some big ass shoulders there
Yup...he's big and bad...just like me...

Thanks folks!!! Glad you like it.
It's more superhero based and why I actually did this but the notion of doing a lazy 'retired' looking Elder really gets me pumped up!!!

David

M

Maverick118

Nice work David, looks like a touch of the Dark Knight returns to me Love to see stuff like this.

P

pirkleations

Excellent realism in the torso, there!! Brings it to life before it even gets cast!!

DangerDavey

A

alphatech686

nice work. Are you going to be able to wear it? Just how big of a guy are you. Scary

D

DAVIDYR1

Me....wear this???
Not possible.
I'm about 5'9 and 185lbs.
This is for anyone who is 220ish easily....
I will make some cool displays but also have a few guys wear some of these for photo purposes.

Here's the first that will get to see the light..only because I have to finish the pred elements to customize this...So Mav was right. Dark Knight Returns influence is certainly there but I really dig the elder predator done up like this too.

img.photobucket.com/album...d10001.jpg

If only I had a third arm...

David

M

Maverick118

I love that sculpt David. Your pressie I'm afraid will have to wait as I'm under pressure to get things finished for Septembers shoot dealine. Oh don't you love the pressure

T

The Mortal Immortal

Great job David its alway a pleasure seeing your work.

D

DAVIDYR1

You guys rock!!
I think the coolest thing about this place is how you're all open minded about this sort of thing. The understanding of how to adapt or use something 'generic' to obtain a desired look that may totally different or off the wall from why it was made in the first place.

You guys all get a big thumbs up!!

....And a big thanks for being cool!!!

David

K

kithunter

the notion of doing a lazy 'retired' looking Elder really gets me
funny my wife feels the same way david....lol. but i think i'm not that lazy

love the new sculpt.

D

drgnfyre4

HAH! I just commented over on LOH about how this would be pretty cool for an elder pred. Looks great David!