"tough Hombres": Budget Colonial Marines Costume

lflank

Hunter
Here's my low-budget Colonial Marines armor and costume. It's mostly foamies.  Mostly.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWOzORpjxMI

lflank

Hunter
The pulse rifle in this vid is a slightly modified Nerf Stampede.

I just ordered an airsoft Thompson and a Spas shotgun---planning on making a more accurate pulse rifle.  I'll put up the build vid when I'm done.  :)

ThePriest

Blooded
Very cool man, i like how everyday objects can be used to make stuff like that keep the vids coming !
I love the costuming you make dude !

lflank

Hunter
Glad you like it.  :)

I try to use readily-available and inexpensive materials so others can duplicate them and maybe add to them and make them better.  I'm trying to encourage others, particularly young people, to make fan films of their own.  

sulaco1967

Hunter
You are definitely the Willy Wonka of foamies. Love the way this turned out. The helmet particularly looks fantastic. Will be using your thread for future project reference.

cheers

Sean

lflank

Hunter
Just got my airsofts today and am working up a pulse rifle . . . . 

I'm liking it so far.

Pics when finished.

sulaco1967

Hunter
My mate made his pulse rifle from scrap bits of wood...actually looks really good. He is on the Lair (starbeast62)..I know he posted a pic of it on someones thread.

You should have a look..

Cheers

Sean

lflank

Hunter
Xenohunter55 said:
Nice video! you can totally make that Nerf Stampede into the AR from ACM with a little bit of modding
Ohhh, that looks like a future project . . .   ;)