Tracker Bio- Casting Done, Onto Sanding, Trimming,etc.

Predasaurus

Blooded
Hey guys, this is my tracker bio (and my first bio sculpt), I was planning on making a classic bio mask, but it kind of came out looking like a tracker, so I decided to roll with it(after all, tracker is one of my favorite preds). Comments and criticism is welcome, and let me know what you think! By the way, sorry for the bad photos, darn ipad ;)
Eli

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Predasaurus

Blooded
All right, so I think I am satisfied with the sculpt. And by the way, I haven't put the tusks on yet because I will either do them separately or just not put them on. I customized it a little, and yes, I put my name in predator(what do you expect, I love predator) here it is!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Comments are always welcome

Eli

Lonewolf260

Blooded
It is looking awesome! in my opinion you should put the tusks on:) but its your bio so you can do what you'd like! keep updating your progress

-Ian

Predasaurus

Blooded
Yeah, I guess tusks would look awesome! Right now I am putting on coats of silicone for the mold, will post pics tomorrow after church. If anybody knows, how many coats of silicone do you think I should put on? Right now I have two coats, but some areas need to be thickened. Any help woul be appreciated, and thanks for the comments!

Eli

wonko

Hunter
You need to make sure there are no undercuts.  Seems like most use right around a gallon of silicone.  What type are you using?  after the beauty coat, I would definitely thicken it with the appropriate thickener for the type of silicone you're using, and keep adding layers until you have eliminated all of the undercuts.  You gonna do a fiberglass or stone mother mold?

Brian

Predasaurus

Blooded
I'm using the monster makers brand, so I'm not sure if they have a thickener or not. And I was planning on doing a mm, but if its not necessary then I won't do it. And I only purchased two quarts, so half a gallon. Will that make it, or do I need more?

Eli

Predasaurus

Blooded
Well good news! I successfully molded my sculpt out of silicone, and now I'm waiting on urethane resin to arrive!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Eli

Predasaurus

Blooded
Again, Good news! I got my mask casted and pulled. There are areas in need of fiberglass reinforcement, and I need to pit bondo or fiberglass on some spots to even it out, but it turned out well! I will post pics tomorrow.

Eli

Predasaurus

Blooded
Here are the pictures of the freshly pulled bio. I will be purchasing some resin to go along with the fiberglass cloth soon, but in the meantime here is what is looks like! (Again, this is my FIRST bio, so cut me some slack :) )
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Comments are always welcome, I'd love to hear complements or complaints!

Eli

Predasaurus

Blooded
So I've been putting some fiberglass on some of the weak spots, and areas which need leveling out. So far its going good, I'll post pics tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Eli

Predasaurus

Blooded
Thanks Brandon, I'll try my best ;). Anyway, now I have drilled out my eye sockets, and am in the middle of all my fiberglass reinforcement. An issue I have it that on the left side, the edge of the cheek area is bending, and I'm not sure how to fix that without breaking it. I will take some pictures tomorrow when its bright out again, by the way.

Eli

Predasaurus

Blooded
Here's some pictures of my progress, gonna work on it more this weekend. Leave some comments so I can get some opinions!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Eli

Predasaurus

Blooded
I have now done some more sanding, and I added some fiberglass to the weak areas on the left cheek. I will post pics tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Eli

Kammo

Blooded
Keep it up man. Glad to see you are so motivated. Sometimes motivation can be lost along the way but you have seen this through to the very end. Bravo sir.

Predasaurus

Blooded
Thank you very much. It has taken a lot of physical, mental, and emotional strength. Again, thanks for the kind words man!

Eli

Predasaurus

Blooded
Here are some more progress shots, I will be ordering the rare earth magnets to attach to the mask. The sanding and trimming is almost done!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tell me what you guys think! I'd like to see some opinions!

Eli

Predasaurus

Blooded
Well I have mainly been working on my suit for a while, but today I out in some wire mesh, which will be the lenses. I will be putting in more layers of it, but here is the first layer. And I am holding it to the mask by latex, which is only temporary, I will be moving to something much stronger later on. Here it is.....
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Post some comments/feedback to help me out!

Eli