undermask problems, dear god why?

Y

yautjafanboy

anyone know of a decent cheap undermask that will fit a mysteria P1 bio, cuz i heard that the mysteria bios are smaller for some reason and i reackon its true because when i put it on i have to hitch it up my face so i can see out of it.

S

Shataan

I`d check out Monsterrooms, and see if maybe it can be modded. Maybe removing some of the lower jaw material will allow a smaller Bio to be used.

cgi.ebay.com/PREDATOR-LIF...dZViewItem

As well, possibly someones got some P1 2nds that may do for you.

G

GB38119

Can i just ask... If you buy a undermask off Ebay can you see out of it? Or do you need to get one with an open face?

S

Shataan

Depends on the mask. ... and what you want. Do you want an undermask? The link above of Monsterrooms ebay sale undermask shows an open face. A normal mask is usually full face. If it is a raw full face mask, it usually imho needs to be prepped and needs you to cut out the eye holes to be able to see out of it.

If it is already painted etc etc etc., the eyeholes are already cut. Another undermask, but not as Pro as Monsterrooms, is FranTeks. His has hardly any detail, and you gotta cut the face out for you to be able to see out of it.

So really, it all depends on the mask. If you buy fullface, you may get lucky and find it already has the eyes cut out. Or you could ask the Seller to do this for you. Or you could just as easilly cut them out yourself.

I have the undermask from the ebay link. I don`t like things close to my face so I opted out for Monsterrooms. But i want to get a full faced Predator mask as well. Just to have one.

G

GB38119

Right ok will do, I was going to buy like a full on, mantables and all, undermask then buy a Bio to go over it would that work fine?

S

Shataan

Sounds awesaome. There are some really amazing masks around. Shop smart. And good luck!

S

Savage Yautja

Shop smart, shop S-mart! Or I'll use my boomstick...

S

skapunkjedi

i got a mysteria mask. i bought a franteks undermask to go with it, and theres NO WAY it was gonna fit! no amount of modifying could make it look half decent

Y

yautjafanboy

ok i tried a buddies monsterrooms undermask and if i want it to fit i would have to cut away loads of it to get it on my mysteria, its not worth doing that to the undermask, it cost more than the bio. im gutted I love my myteria bio even though its inaccurate, i may just have to get a new bio dammit, any hunters out there got an old P1 they want to part with? i would rather give the money to someone on the board, than to someone on ebay.

pm me if u do.

hey dutch, you leave my tie alone!

S

Shataan

Ok, so you can get a better idea of the quality difference between Monsterooms, and FranTeks, here is a side by side:

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs75&d=061...rmasks.jpg

On the left is Monsterrooms HAWTNESS! Beautiful detailed head shape, nice dread holes, and foamfilled for comfort, and to keep nice shape. Best undermask I have found.

On the right is FranTeks what? No detail. No dread holes, No real shape... no foamfill. You get the picture. :0) If someone REALLY had their bone up for 1, I`d sell em this one right here on the right. But only if they really had to have it.

But really... if you are gonna spend dough on stuff, go for THE best quality you can get for your dough. As Buyers, we should help steer each other to the quality stuff. Monsterrroom delivers.

Fanboy... SeaHunterr sells DBs older P1... if you are interested. Painted right, they look amazing. SeaHunterr paints these as well. I hope you find a mask that works for you.