Unexpected

I just found out on Friday that I am deploying in May (one of two in my squadron). I'm not sure what to expect, but I am sure I wont be working on the costume for awhile. I know a few here have been to Iraq, anything I should bring that isn't on "the list?"

ButtZilla

Hunter
I just found out on Friday that I am deploying in May (one of two in my squadron). I'm not sure what to expect, but I am sure I wont be working on the costume for awhile. I know a few here have been to Iraq, anything I should bring that isn't on "the list?"
Take care of your self out there. Don't be a hero! :)

kithunter

Elite Hunter
you watch your ass missy,

your already a hero for serving our nation. we'll be waiting for your safe return

Andrew

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Well take some things to help past the time, music and a small DVD player. Always keep your eyes open and never turn your back on a rag head. Make it home safe.

carlart

Hunter
A reminder that the freedoms we sometimes take for granted aren't free, and must be preserved by those willing to put on the uniform and do the nation's business in a time of war. Not sure of your name, but I want to wish you luck, and a speedy deployment. Squadron you say. Are you with the Air Guard? Probably transport or logistics for same. Anyway, take care of yourself, be alert, especially for those godamn IEDs from those Iranian a-holes. Don't forget the water, you'd be amazed how fast you dehydrate in the desert. Hope to see you back here soon!

carlart

zealwing

Hunter
HI. I really wish you all the best ! and dont forget to bring some good toons overthere maybe even try to draw a few things take care.

ronin

Hunter
take care out there...very crazy place! make sure to bring your cd player as well.
make it back to the lair safe.

Thanks all.

Probably transport or logistics for same. Anyway, take care of yourself, be alert, especially for those godamn IEDs from those Iranian a-holes. Don't forget the water, you'd be amazed how fast you dehydrate in the desert. Hope to see you back here soon!

Actually I am a space systems operator, I dont really have a job over there. I will be there "filling in the cracks" basically. Doing whatever they need the extra bodies for. There is a big influx of people deploying in my squadron and my group. It's not a norm to send a person from my career field there, but I have accepted it and I did join after the war started.. so I always knew it was a possibility. That and I figured it's time to contribute more than a few satellites. :)

NewPredMaker

Blooded
YOU NEED TO BRING A BASEBALL BAT!!! Or A BIG STICK!!! We were spending hours of free time beating the hell out of CAMEL SPIDERS!!! They are HUGE!!! and very aggressive... But they make a nice POP sound when you squish em....
Good Luck...

and remember murphy's laws... My fave... "Never Get in a FOXHOLE with anyone Braver than you"..., " Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms" and " TRACERS WORK BOTH WAYS!!!"

DangerDavey

Hunter
I know you aren't on the plane yet. But please be safe.

And thank you for being there for those of us that can't defend ourselves. Especially me.

My 3 ducks can bean me up. And they aren't even grown yet!!!

~DangerDavey

carlart

Hunter
You're doing space systems? Be on the look out for pred pods entering the atmosphere over Iraq. Predators are drawn to conflict as we all know!
carlart

Not sure what to say here, as I've got a number of good friends in both US and UK armed forces serving over in the sandbox. Only....Stay safe

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
You're doing space systems? Be on the look out for pred pods entering the atmosphere over Iraq. Predators are drawn to conflict as we all know!
carlart

....and heat. Don't forget they're drawn to "heat and conflict". I assume the desert is hot. :D

Stay safe over there, make it back to us and we'll all be thinking of you while you're gone.