universal designs predator costumes ?

I

inkdoctor

hi does anyone have any of universal designs predator 1 costumes. if so could you post some pics or email me some. im interested in purchasing one. since it dont look like petes making any more. if you want to email them my email is. dwayne@tvli.net.

P

pdisc

Hey Dwayne, its Damon. I got a P1 costume from Dave at universal designs. Let me be the first to tell you , YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH HIM. Dave does some real quality work. H ewill work with you any way you want. I ended up doing mine all custom. Mine is a P1 painted blue (lost hunter). You will have the choice of having one-piece or two-piece suit. Then you can pick your predator or go custom. I dont have pictures at the moment. You have to do your own netting, its not hard. He will work with you, hes one of the best.

I

inkdoctor

hi damon thanks for the info. is yours the blue suit thats on his site? thats a nice looking suit im looking to pretty much stay along the lines of a predator 1 costume. does he do the backpack and shoulder cannon as well or do you have to find the componets elsewhere?

P

pdisc

Hey dude ! Actually no, thats not my suit on his website, my is a lot more different. Mine is like the P1 but with some blue tint, done very nicely. But yes, he does the cannon and backpack. The lower leg armor is all par of the same molding, but you will have choice's. You should give Dave a call and talk to him. He will give all the options you need. Im sorry i dont have pictures for at the moment. Once i figure out how to put them on this website, you can check them out. Let me know how everything goes.And if you need help with anything !

I

inkdoctor

hi damon are you able to foward any to my email address. it looks like predatom and dead end hunter have the same suit too. just different paint schemes on both of theres as well.

P

pirkleations

Hey guys!

I just did a Google search for Universal Designs, but came up hunter-less. What's their web address?

DangerDavey

I

inkdoctor

im not even shure if the costume i was looking at was made by universal designs now. its the predator 1 inspired suit on the body count page. it was painted buy them. but its the same body suit that was used for the batman dead end fan film. so i dont know if they made it or someone that worked for sandy made it.

D

DAVIDYR1

Hi Dwayne,

All of the suits shown on our website were done by us.
The Predator page does have a combination of parts made both by us and parts that were sent to us simply to paint. The mask with the cut out face was sent to us to paint for example.

The full body predator suits at the bottom of the page were a very limited number of full suits made by us. The DE style suit was not our sculpture or mold work and done over a year ago based on those suits. It had nothing to do with Sandy though.

The DE style suits seen on the site are not for sale and I dont have the means to make those specific suits anymore.

We do have something new to unviel shortly though...Just keep checking the site for updates. It's a pretty big.....

David

I

inkdoctor

bummer that your not making those suits anymore david. those were about the most screen acurate that ive seen so far.

P

ptgreek

David, I'm having problems accessing your site...something to do with your server exceeding bandwith...is this a problem on my end? I would really love to see the pics..and keep up with your future projects

D

DIAVOLOBIANCO

i read :

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.universaldesigns.ca Port 80

I

inkdoctor

i cant get on today either. it keeps saying that the bandwith has been exceeded.

K

kithunter

I'm working on it i'm working on it !!!!!!.

I love the dead end suit

pose_2.jpg
RAW.jpg

truth be told there is no one IMHO more of a straight shooter in the biz than david. proffesional, talented and all around good guy

D

DAVIDYR1

Woah...Sorry guys!
How about that? I exceeded my bandwith on my site...whatever that means.
I finally have a new site, and it really is almost complete and updated but we had to get more space to accomodate everything so maybe now we need to upgrade something else too.
I have no idea and know nothing about computers. My wife will have to look into this for me.

Andrew and Damon, thanks you guys. You're both people I look up to and have enjoyed working with in one way or another.
Andrew I cant wait to see that thing all painted up!!!!

David

K

kithunter

the orginal suits for the film were made of foam latex very cool and very light i had a chance to see them on my little visit to the studio.

mine is made of rubber latex, heavier but much more durable.

AM