upgrading mask

K

KelsoBox

Hi all,

I've been looking to buy a mask, but I can't find one online that I like. The "official" AVP mask looks crappy, but.. Could it recieve an upgrade and made better? I'm not as talented as most of you on here, and I don't know if it's even possible.

I guess my question is, could I add some dreads, maybe repaint the bio and make it look better? I think I could handle that much, with a little advice and help. I don't how the mask is made up (if the dreads in the back are all molded together, or how it fits over your head).

www.globalgear.com.au/ima...xemask.jpg

P

pirkleations

Kelsobox,

In the Trophy Room, there is a topic called "Can you dress up a turd??".(page 2) It shows and tells how you can mod the AVP mask to look much better!

Check it out!!

DangerDavey

K

KelsoBox

Haha!! Thanks DangerDavey!! I'm going to check it out now! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

K

KelsoBox

I really like the method that he used. He needs to make a step by step tutorial (not that he didn't do a good job explaining stuff). This idea is great for people like me who aren't gifted in the area of sculpting and painting.

A list of materials and all the tools needed would be great too.

-Kelsobox

K

keefer649

Hmmm, tools used (so far):
so far I have used scissors to cut the ends of the dreds, and a heat gun to taper them, Small x-acto knife to cut the holes in the mask for the dreds, used krylon paint for plastic for the dreds..best I could find. A 6ft 3/4 "copper pipe cut up with a pipe cutter for the dred rings, some black electrical tape on the ends of the dreds to keep the paint from cracking. I forsee in the very near future the need for a glue gun (to glue on magnets to my bio and mask, to hold in place, and also glue on the bio lens), a dremmel, a rivet gun (for the armour), a hobby knife set, and I am thinking I may go get myself a cheapie airbrush for beginners! I was going to attempt to do this up with regular old spraypaint..but thats just not going to work! I have just started work on the body (skin suit)..will post pics on that when I am progressing...also just finished making up a duct tape dummy to work on.

P

pirkleations

Sounds like you are off to a great start! Keep us updated on your adventures!!!

DangerDavey