Upholstery foam predator mask

badblood89

Unblooded
Hello everyone ! .
i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how i should make a predator mask out of upholstery foam since i can find almost zero tutorials on how to make one , in terms of design im not looking for anything special just a regular looking predator head i hope some of you could give me some tips i would gladly appreciate it ! thanks in advance . :);)(y)

Red2

Blooded
Hey!

Here's the link that I used as a guide to make my daughter's: Foam Predator Mask

And I've got a decent amount of pics up on my build thread that may be of some assistance: Mini P1 build ...

Besides the obvious sharp scissors and xacto knife, I used a soldering iron to create some texture. But make sure to have a well ventilated area and a mask when/if you do that.

Feel free to ask any questions.

badblood89

Unblooded
Hey!

Here's the link that I used as a guide to make my daughter's: Foam Predator Mask

And I've got a decent amount of pics up on my build thread that may be of some assistance: Mini P1 build ...

Besides the obvious sharp scissors and xacto knife, I used a soldering iron to create some texture. But make sure to have a well ventilated area and a mask when/if you do that.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Hi red2 ! thank you for replying
i was wondering if there's a way to make the upholstery foam look more smoother since i want a more cleaner look to my costume when i shape some of the foam with scissors it looks really rough is there a way to avoid this problem with the foam ?

Red2

Blooded
The more latex you add (mine was about 5 to 6 coats) the "smoother" it will become. So trim as smooth and as round as you can and the latex will smooth/round the rest out. I wasn't that precise and was surprised at how the thick layer of latex helped.