Warforged Ancient

Bovine13

Hunter
Well Hunters, after all your help and words of wisdom I have got started finally. I have started the seam work on the suit, hands, and feet. Need to hit em with the dremel.
DSCN3315.jpg

DSCN3317.jpg

This is the cheapo mask of ebay I got to do a test run on. Added a couple of scars to the face. Might do some more damage during the paint up.
DSCN3249.jpg

DSCN3342.jpg

DSCN3351.jpg

DSCN3353.jpg

The bios I got, Celtic (ebay) and Ancient (Biohunter) trying em out for size
DSCN3318.jpg

DSCN3320.jpg

This is a necklace I made to detail the suit out.
DSCN3341.jpg

The masks I have to run with.
DSCN3311.jpg

I am working for an Ancient who has seen many hunts in his day. Detail ontop of detail. I think it gives the suit life. I want to be able to look at the suit and see its story. Leatherwork incorporated into the armor. Engravings on the Bio, armor, and weapons. Beads, small trophies, Roman style one shoulder cape, and small things you will have to look closely to catch. Thanks for everybodies help and input.

ronin

Hunter
You've got a cool collection of masks going on bro.
I to have a few of my own...all raw form still.Thats
gonna be the fun part...painting them.

Bovine13

Hunter
How do you paint them? how did you put the scars on the face?
were do you get the paint of it?
I have painted masks in the past with acylics. Either brush or airbrush. The Predator is a first for me so I will use both. I did the scars with a Dremel tool sanding drum, then smoothed and textured the scar with a stencil burner (learned that from The Lair). I used MEK to remove the existing paint.

I tried acrylic paint on a latex mask and it didn’t stick to it. It just peeled off and when it stretched a bit it would crack off as well. So maybe it’s the brand of paint, I don’t know, dose yours do that? If not what brand of paint do you use?

Bovine13

Hunter
I tried acrylic paint on a latex mask and it didn’t stick to it. It just peeled off and when it stretched a bit it would crack off as well. So maybe it’s the brand of paint, I don’t know, dose yours do that? If not what brand of paint do you use?
I got some info from Mortal Immortal and he said I could use the Createx paints I have as long as I sealed them with Perma-wet. I am out of town on work so I will shoot some paint this weekend when I get back.

you can use acrilic paint, as long as you seal it with permawet, or you can got to monstermakers.com, and get some mask paint from them